PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club or Yacht Club?

Jen C.
06-03-2008, 09:37 PM
:confused:We are contemplating both Beach Club and Yacht Club for our upcoming Sept. trip. We typically stay in the MK resorts, but DH wants to try something outside of the norm. We will also be traveling with DD 8, DS 7, and DD 2. We will typically be spending time exploring Epcot, as we haven't really done that much before.
We do stay club level, and have 2 options. We have booked a deluxe room club level at BC. We also could book Lagoon View club level at YC. I'm wondering if anyone could compare the 2 for me. I am leaning towards YC, because I understand that the BC Deluxe Concierge level could be on either floors 1, 2, 3, or 4, but would not be on the actual concierge level 5. Therefore any visits to the lounge would inevitably involve an elevator ride and some more walking. Thoughts on which of the two I should choose?:confused:

svarhall07
06-04-2008, 12:21 AM
I would choose the Yacht Club. its more elegant, but you still get to share the pool. They are practically built on top of one another anyway, so you could enjoy the amenities from each.

KineGirl
06-04-2008, 12:32 AM
I have to second the YC - I stayed there twice one year and would go back there anyday over almost any other resort!- I wish it was a DVC :( Its SO beautiful! Plus like the PP stated you get to share the BC pool

goofy-4-disney
06-04-2008, 01:32 AM
I stayed at the Beach Club on a recent trip and the Yacht Club on a seperate trip. After seeing both, I would choose the Yacht Club over the Beach Club. Like the others have stated, since they are so close to another you can use the amenities of both including the pool. Also, I found the views at the Yacht Club to be better then those at the Beach Club.

mouseketeer mom
06-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Thats true, that the deluxe concierge rooms at the BC can be on other floors then the lounge. Thats why we booked garden view club level at the BC for our upcoming trip. Once we stayed in a deluxe room at AKL club level and we weren't anywhere's near the lounge. It was a hike to get there, just not conveiniant, on a different floor even, so we didn't use the lounge as much. But..I do feel the BC is kid friendlier. I know all Disney resorts are created to be child/family friendly, but I still feel the BC has a better feel for families, over the Yacht club. How about a garden view instead, so you'd be on the same floor as the lounge?

TammiMcMan
06-04-2008, 10:59 AM
There are 4 deluxe rooms at the Beach Club. They're all located in exactly the same location, come with a water view and overlook the quiet pool. They're right over each other, on floors 1-4. The rooms are very big. The 1st floor has a full patio, the 2nd and 4th floor have a full sized balcony. The 3rd floor has a standing room balcony only. From your room location, you are literally a 2 minute walk into the back of Epcot.

As mentioned, they come with club level service, although the lounge and staff are located on the 5th floor. It does entail a ride up in the elevator, but I don't think it's a huge inconvenience. Have you stayed club level at the BC before? I found that the pre-planning team was excellent and they truly made a very special trip even better.

By staying in a lagoon view room at the YC, you'll still have the same view of the water in a standard size room. Full sized balconies aren't guaranteed, but many of the rooms do come that way.

About the only difference between the resorts is the decor and families tend to stay at the BC, while adults seem to prefer the more formal feeling of the YC. I think it's mainly because the YC doesn't have the character meal, so the BC lobby can be a bit noiser.

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Beach Club! I just like the decor better than the Yacht Club.

Jen C.
06-04-2008, 01:04 PM
It sounds like BC would be the better choice simply because the room is a little larger. Strangely, the reservation at BC is about $300 less than a reservation at YC for laggon view club level. It sounds like the slight inconvenience of an elevator ride gives us more bang for our buck!:thumbsup:

Thanks for all of the great info Tammy~ I was hoping you would respond!:blush: Thanks to everyone else, too!;)

TammiMcMan
06-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Because both lounges are pretty small and don't have a lot of seating, you're probably much better off with having a larger room and full balcony. One of you can go up to the lounge and bring back a tray with food and drinks. You can all spread out in your room and enjoy.

cardshopgirl
06-05-2008, 12:46 PM
I too think the Beach Club. It seems to me to be a little more kid friendly. We love it there. The decor is lighter and just reminds me of staying right on the beach. And, whats a few extra steps for the

MidnTPK
06-06-2008, 11:37 AM
One reason to pick the YC over the BC is the bus stop. While both the YC and BC are similar in size, the BC has the BCVs....and all the people staying in those villas. So the bus stop over at the BC is much busier...it has three or more loading bays and there's usually more people there waiting. And I Think the busses usually stop at the YC first, so there's a smaller chance you'll have to wait for the next one because it filled up.

MickeyMousse
06-06-2008, 12:05 PM
We are huge YC fans and find that it is quieter and more sedate than the BC. We will always recommend YC, however my friend stayed at BC with her family (DH, 4 yr and 7 yr girls) and found it more "kid/family friendly" than their stay at YC.
You can't miss with either, IMHO! :thumbsup:
Enjoy!!!!!:mickey: