PDA

View Full Version : Low Budget/Last Minute trip Report- Day 2

EvilQueen2006
06-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Day 2 (May 30) - We were up and ready to go by 8:00. We decided to park at the TTC so we could get some Tonga Toast for breakfast at Captain Cook’s before heading to Epcot. After breakfast we walked back to the TTC and hopped on a monorail. As we circled around the park, we saw the opening dash of people to Soarin’ from the monorail. By the time we got there there was still only a 15 min wait, so we grabbed a couple FP’s then got in line. It was a great flight. There were about twenty people still ahead of us, but they must have all been large parties. They were looking for a party of two. We got onto the next flight. Lucky us! Everyone on that flight got a gift from the dream squad. We got the dream mickey ears! Yay!

While we waited for our FP time we rode Nemo and Figment. Rode Soarin’ again then headed over to the other side of Future world. We grabbed FP’s for Test Track and I rode Mission Space by myself. This one makes Lauren feel ill, so she won’t go with me, but its my favorite! After Mission space we rode Spaceship Earth. We rode this right after the rehab in January. I thought the new ending was silly then, but now there is a new piece that uses your pictures. I laughed hysterically. Much better now! I was a bit disappointed in the rehab in January, but now I love it!

Next we rode the rides in Mexico and Norway. I finally tried the plum wine/green tea slush in China. Mmmmm. . . . very good. After Lauren and I shared our slush we went back to Test Track, and then I rode Mission Space again. There were a lot of elementary school groups at Epcot today and it was getting really crowded. We decided to take a boat over to MGM (oops DHS) and ride RnRC again. It was getting hot and the boat ride and rest off our feet was nice. We got to DHS and got FP’s for RnRC and then went to do the backlot tour and Muppets again. We rode RnRc and then boated back to Epcot to finish up the world showcase. We got two Grand Marnier Orange Slushes in France and took them over to Morocco where we ate dinner. I had the Vegetarian platter and Lauren had a falafel wrap. Both were good as usual. I think this is my favorite counter service location in all of WDW.

We decided to skip Illumination tonight and head over to Magic Kingdom to see Spectromagic and Wishes. We rode Spaceship Earth again on our way out of the park and then took a monorail over to MK. Wishes had already started by the time we got there, but we got to see most of it. We went over to the Noodle station and got a table to watch Wishes. Aside from the very loud family next to us it was a wonderful show. We enjoyed a spin on the TTA before calling it a night and going back to the hotel

Up next- Magic Kingdom

RocknBev
06-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Another great day....I see someone else love the RnR as much as I do!:cloud9:

KineGirl
06-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Tangeriene Cafe is my favorite too :cloud9:

ChipnDaleGal
06-04-2008, 08:03 AM
I am not really an adventurous eater, but I read so many good things here about the restaurants at the Morocco pavillion. I really want to try it next trip. Thanks for sharing another wonderful day with us. :mickey:

gauvin4
06-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Thanks for another great report!

wdwgrl377
06-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Awesome day 2! Thanks for sharing! On to read more!:mickey:

tinkerbell04
06-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Sounds like it was another fantastic day! Thanks for sharing.

faline
06-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Another terrific day! Those slushes are sounding very yummy!

MauiMouse
06-04-2008, 03:45 PM
I agree about Tangerine Cafe, it's one of the best counter service in World Showcase. I'm going to have to try that Orange Slush in France as well, looked so good when Samatha Brown had one. :mickey:

pdrlkr
06-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks for sharing another great day!! Good eats and good fun!:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
06-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Thanks for sharing your report...

Young@Heart
06-07-2008, 12:01 PM
It sounds like another great day! Reading your reports is getting me more excited for our trip!