PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Yak & Yeti CS??

MickeyMousse
06-03-2008, 08:44 PM
This opened right after our last trip, so we are looking forward to giving Yak & Yeti's a try. Can anyone give me a review on their counter service?? Thanks! :mickey:

busterthebronco
06-03-2008, 10:48 PM
its good.
it gets crowded early even the CS area.
i would ask for my rice in a seperate box though.
the sauce just drips down and smothers it so you lose some of the taste.
it kinda makes everything taste the same, which aint bad but boring.

JPL
06-03-2008, 11:19 PM
I haven't had a chance to try the CS but what turned me off immediately was the uncovered out door seating. I really prefer to eat inside with AC especially in Florida during the summer.

SurferStitch
06-04-2008, 06:40 AM
We loved the food there. I had Shrimp Lo Mein and DH had Crispy Honey Chicken, and both were great. My shrimp were big and plump, and the sauce was delicious. DH loved his chicken, which was perfectly white (nothing like chicken nuggets as I've seen them referred to as here).

The outdoor seating is really nice. We found a shady spot around the corner of the building in December (on an 80+ degree day), and it was very comfortable.

chick20679
06-04-2008, 07:01 AM
We had a good meal here as well.
I had some sort of salad (I can't remember) and mom had crispy chicken. Both were good.
I agree about the seating however, since AK can be kind of hot and a nice (at least) shaded area would be nice, but we made do.
I would definitely try it out, if I were you! :)

MickeyMousse
06-04-2008, 01:19 PM
As long as I can find something for everyone in my DF to eat, looks like we'll be making a stop here. Since we're going in February, I think the outdoor seating should be comfortable enough.
Thanks for all the replies! :thumbsup:

Aggie97
06-04-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm afraid we did not enjoy the food here. We felt that our crispy honey chicken was flavorless, and the rice was very soggy. We did like the egg rolls, though! We ate there in early Feb., so the lack of covered seating was not a problem at that time. :mickey:

brewcrew26
06-04-2008, 02:42 PM
I liked the outdoor seating although I was almost attacked by a duck. We also went in mid-April so the weather wasn't steamy yet.

The food was good. Nothing spectacular but the portions were huge and the presentation in the huge Chinese-like take out boxes was original.

I really liked the huge cookie I got with my DDP meal.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
06-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Eating at Yak and Yeti again this year with DH. Didn't try the counter service maybe this year. The restaurant is beautiful though. You'll enjoy it, the food is awesome.:thumbsup:

Next trip: 11/24-12/5 at the POP