PDA

View Full Version : (not my)Disney Wedding Trip Report - Part 1

Mammabruski
06-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Well here it is . . . finally. The trip took place Memorial Day weekend. I flew from Denver and was on Disney Property by 10:45pm Friday night, got the key to our room and jumped on the Monorail to MK:cloud9:! It was raining pretty hard and people were fleeing the MK in droves, but I was loving it! It had snowed on my way to the airport so the humidity, rain and heat were so welcome :D. Once I met up with my DDad, DSister and DM we were able to go on SM, Buzz, TTA, PC, HM, BTMR, and PPF because it wasn't very crowed and we had until 2am due to EMH. We took the monorail home and dropped into bed.
Saturday was the day of the wedding. We had lunch at the GF cafe without ADR's, then my DM and I walked over to the Spa since it was raining and we couldn't use the pools. We went in the whirlpool and the steamroom and then enjoyed some tea in the Ladies Lounge. When we left it was sunny and the pools were open so we lounged on the beach. At that point it was time to get ready for the wedding (that will be discussed in part 2) but we sure were enjoying all that the GF had to offer.

Sunday was our day of Four Parks. My DD left for golf, and my DM and I left to make it to HS for the rope drop. I rushed to TT as my DM got fast passes for RnRC. Alas if I had gone to RnRC first I would've gotten a Dream Fast Pass :(. Oh well. We also rode Space Tours and then Toy Story Mania, which was amazing, before using our Fast Passes on RnRC. We got to be in the very front car for, to my DM's dismay and my happiness (she loved it though)! Then we were off to AK where we rode Dinosaur, EE, had lunch at Flametree, then saw Bug's Life. Wow. At that point it was about 3pm and we took a bus to the Beach Club and went in Epcot's back door. We strolled through World Showcase and rode the boat in the Mexico Pavilion. My DD was finally done with golf, so the three of us went on the Green Mission to Mars, did some shopping and then finished our Epcot fun with Spaceship Earth. Unfortunately our computer didn't work which was the second time for my DM and DD on that trip - bummer. Before entering the fourth and final park, my DM, DD and I went back to the GF for a dip in the pool. We made it to the MK at about 8pm where we rode PC, iasw, had dinner at Colombia Harbor House, saw Wishes (I love that music - it always makes me cry), and rode the HM. My DM went back to the GF - she was exhausted, and my DD and I tried to get Fast passes for SM, but alas they were too late (EMH again), and we were too tired. So my DD and I went to Stiches Great Escape, which wasn't all that great,(I hadn't seen it before), and my DD actually fell asleep in it- which is no surpirse, he can snooze anywhere. Overall it was a crazy fun day but the crowds were intense! It was the most people I've ever seen there and I went Christmas week in '04.

Monday rolled around, we had a late check out, and we all slept in. I did some last minute shopping at CR, rode the monorail one last time to the most beautiful hotel (GF) and hopped a bus to MCO. Wow. I didn't get home until 10:30 pm as I had a 3 hour drive from Denver's Airport, and boy was I tired. All I can say is that it was an amazing trip and I can't wait until we go with ALL my family in November!

ChipnDaleGal
06-03-2008, 07:38 PM
:high5: for doing the "All Four Parks in One Day" thing!! Sounds like you really made the most of your short time. I bet it was really special to stay at the Grabd Floridian. Thanks for reporting.:mickey:

tinkerbell04
06-03-2008, 07:39 PM
You really jammed packed that vacation! I can' wait to hear about part two, the wedding!

wdwgrl377
06-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Great day! Thanks for sharing with us! :thumbsup:

goofy for pluto
06-03-2008, 11:10 PM
WOW! :medic:
I am tired just from reading your trip report!
It sounds really fun. Glad you could pack so much into your time in WDW.
I am looking forward to reading about the wedding!

cal5755
06-04-2008, 12:40 AM
My Goodness I am dizzy and exhausted reading that!! That is great you got to see so much in one day of park hopping!! It sounds like you had a magical time staying at the GF too... thanks for sharing!:mickey:

faline
06-04-2008, 12:37 PM
What a very busy weekend! Looks like you had lots of fun and even managed to attend a wedding in the middle!

MauiMouse
06-04-2008, 03:58 PM
A fun & busy weekend. Kudos for going to all 4 parks in one day. :mickey:

pdrlkr
06-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-05-2008, 06:09 PM
:jaw: WOW

DizneyFreak2002
06-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Thanks for sharing your report...