PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Ears

cmshelton1979
06-03-2008, 03:58 PM
I will be down at DW for my honeymoon and me and my fiance (soon to be wife) want to do the mickeymouse wedding ears, can someone tell me how much these cost? I am just curious.

Thank you!!!

dmosher
06-03-2008, 04:03 PM
I can not remember how much they were were, but I am certain they are not VERY expensive and we got them online from another site (drop me a msg and I'll let you know where). We had them before we left home, it made it even more fun... for the plane ride, the shuttle and just walking down the street on our way to our WDW honeymoon. You may even get free champagne on the plane.
If you can do this, I highly recommend it!
:pipes:
D

brewcrew26
06-03-2008, 07:59 PM
I remember the groom's hat was slightly less than the bride ears. I just can't remember.

We opted to make our own ears at the chapeau's new create-your-own mouse ear beanies since so many non brides and grooms wear the others now. Even little girls are wearing the brides ears. Kinda took away the magic for me. But making our own cost like $20 (depending on how much stuff you actually put on it.)

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-04-2008, 12:48 AM
The groom hats are $14.95, the brides's band is.......I'd like to say $16.95, but that doesn't sound right. I'll get prices tomorrow.

epceddie
06-04-2008, 01:31 AM
We honeymooned in October of 2007 and did just fine with the free buttons that we got when checking in.
We got character-autographed photos from Crystal Palace and one that my wife loved from Cinderella and Prince Charming.
We were treated to free sodas at Epcot, we got a free dessert at Coral Reef, were given fastpasses for several attractions and everyone who saw the buttons offered us congratulations.
The weather was unseasonably hot and humid. so we opted for the buttons and we were glad that we did.
Hats off to you if decided to get the Mouse ears. Have a great time!

DizNee143
06-05-2008, 10:54 AM
i had to pick them up for my sister two years ago when i was there..and i swear it was like 26 bucks for the both of them..:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Confirming the prices of the hats - bride is $16.95 and groom is $14.95.

And....congratulations to you!

And me for my 1000th post!!

Young@Heart
06-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Confirming the prices of the hats - bride is $16.95 and groom is $14.95.

And....congratulations to you!

And me for my 1000th post!!

Thanks for confirming this! DH and I are buying some in celebration of our anniversary as soon as we arrive! Know how much they are helps me buget. I thought they were around $25 each! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-07-2008, 06:50 PM
The ears are so much fun! DH & I wore them everywhere on our honeymoon, and loved it :mickey:

We got a bit of special treatment, but it was also neat hearing everyone wish us congrats!

andreallybadeggs
06-07-2008, 07:16 PM
I remember the groom's hat was slightly less than the bride ears. I just can't remember.

We opted to make our own ears at the chapeau's new create-your-own mouse ear beanies since so many non brides and grooms wear the others now. Even little girls are wearing the brides ears. Kinda took away the magic for me. But making our own cost like $20 (depending on how much stuff you actually put on it.)

I've been wondering how many real newlyweds might be put off by this. Guess you can't get angry with a little girl for dressing like a bride but imho the princess hats/crowns/ears are more appropriate. Anyway-- the create-your- own seems like a good option for couples.

dmosher
06-21-2008, 01:37 AM
Does anyone else think little girls wearing bride ears is creepy? Just me?
D

mom2morgan
06-21-2008, 06:18 PM
D
"creepy" might go a bit far, but I wouldn't let my own kid wear them...and I can see how it would take the magic out of it for the "real" newlywed's. I'm just trying to decide if we could get away with them on our 20th anniversary ;-)

brewcrew26
06-21-2008, 09:34 PM
D

Umm...yea. At least we haven't got to the point of little boys wearing the top hat ears. But, maybe I just missed that.

"creepy" might go a bit far, but I wouldn't let my own kid wear them...and I can see how it would take the magic out of it for the "real" newlywed's. I'm just trying to decide if we could get away with them on our 20th anniversary ;-)

I have no problem with people who're actually celebrating something like a honeymoon or an anniversary. I feel if you're really married you earn the veil!

Lori Anne
06-22-2008, 05:13 PM
My hubby and I (and kids) are going back in late Nov. to early Dec. and will be our 19th anniversary!! Is it ok to wear the wedding ears for an anniversary?????
Lori.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-22-2008, 08:31 PM
My hubby and I (and kids) are going back in late Nov. to early Dec. and will be our 19th anniversary!! Is it ok to wear the wedding ears for an anniversary?????
Lori.
Am planning on it for our 30th coming up! I don't predict DH is going to go for the top hat, but I can't wait to get the bride ears!! :bride:
Our anniversaries sound like they're around the same time. Congratulations!:wave:

Georgesgirl1
06-22-2008, 08:56 PM
DH and I wore the top hat and and veil ears for our honeymoon and loved it. DH was so sure to begin with and I asked him to just wear them the 1st day. After being given immediate entrance into several rides, free desserts, and tons of congratulations from everyone we met, he decided it was worth wearing them everyday.
I think it is totally fine to wear them when you are celebrating an anniversary. I don't even mind when little girls wear them. I know I used to dream about the day I would be a real life princess on my wedding day. What really bothers me is when adults who are not celebrating an anniversary, wedding, or engagement wear them. That to me takes away the magic.

ncscgirl2005
06-22-2008, 09:54 PM
I've been wondering how many real newlyweds might be put off by this. Guess you can't get angry with a little girl for dressing like a bride but imho the princess hats/crowns/ears are more appropriate.

I am a mother of a daughter (age 6) that walked around with the bride ears. She was so excited to get Mickey ears but when we got to the Emporium she changed her mind and asked for the Minnie Ears with the different colors (sort of like the bride ears but i think there were pastel colors on it) instead. Well her head was too big for those ears but she had her heart set on those kind by then. So when we found out that was the only size (after searching several other places) she begged for the bride ears instead. Almost the same design, different colors. I would had have a bigger problem with telling her no on her first ever trip to the most Magical place on Earth. She pretends like she is a princess instead of a bride. As a matter of fact, since we've been home from WDW (almost a year now) she will only wear them when she wants to play "Princess".