PDA

View Full Version : I am starting to think we are going at a very busy time.

holly05
06-03-2008, 12:04 PM
I called today at 7:20am at my 180 day mark to make my Hoop De Doo reservations for the 5pm show and all I could get was the 7:15pm show. This has never happened to us. Do you think it has something to do with us going November 30th thru December 7th?

The CM told me they were extremely busy on the phones this morning. They made 250 reservations in 3 minutes.

kdsjjb
06-03-2008, 12:32 PM
I called today at 7:20am at my 180 day mark to make my Hoop De Doo reservations for the 5pm show and all I could get was the 7:15pm show. This has never happened to us. Do you think it has something to do with us going November 30th thru December 7th?

The CM told me they were extremely busy on the phones this morning. They made 250 reservations in 3 minutes.

I called yesterday at EXACTLY 7 am and between my first reservation and my second, there was a difference of 118 in the sequencing. By the time I was done, there was almost 900, and I was on for less than 30 minutes to make all my ADR's.

I'm more afraid that people who are going are making multiple ADR's because they dont know the hours yet. (Yes i know that the system is supposed to prevent this, but we have all seen posts from poeple who do it and think that it OK)

RockinRollerMom
06-03-2008, 12:33 PM
We went that same time last year and it wasn't too crowded at all. I would expect higher crowds on the 30th as people who are there for Thanksgiving are ending there trip. By monday the crowds should diminish considerably. We didn't have any problems with crowds last year. I think that the increase in ADR's may be that it is a popular time for DVC members. And remember there is no such thing as a slow time at Disney anymore. It is all relative. With the different promotions they offer and different events that they promote even the value seasons will have some crowds. I think it is a great time to go. Just keep in mind that PopWarner show up the first full weekend in December. It doesn't affect crowd level too much, but you will be affected if you are staying at the Allstars and POR/POFQ. They also tape the Christmas parade and christmas shows that first full weekend in December. We generally try to stay away from MK on those days because it is a little more crowded.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-03-2008, 01:02 PM
We went this same time 3 years ago and it was awesome. Th ecrowds were not too bad, the weather was perfect, and Christmas was out. It was my favorite vacation to Disney or anywhere ever. The crowds will not be too bad after the first couple of days.

JPL
06-03-2008, 01:07 PM
It's very difficult to judge crowd levels by the availability of ADRs. I was there in January and the parks were dead but it was impossible to get ADRs at the more popular restaurants. Since the inception of the dining plan more people are making ADRs at 180 day and 180 + 10 mark than ever before.

Kairi_7378
06-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Don't try to second guess the timing of your trip based on the availability of ADR's. ADR's in general are harder and harder to come by... partially because of the DDP and partially because people FINALLY understand that you have to make them early. Whenever you announce that you are going to WDW, some friend or relative tells you about the ADR situation... usually the first sentence after "You'll have a great time!" is "Make a reservation at XYZ restaurant."

Also, HDD is a very popular show, and one of a kind, so it may be a little harder to get in there than other places.

dml
06-03-2008, 02:00 PM
I was there 11/30 - 12/9 in 2007 and it was great! I also had to settle for second choice ADR times too but it wasn't because of the crowds. Its more of the dining plan as other posts have stated. Don't worry it will be great!

:mickey::mickey:

EpcotNut
06-03-2008, 02:50 PM
One thing is for sure - "slow" or "not busy" is a relative term when speaking about WDW. There is no such thing anyomre. While crowds may be lighter and lines may be a bit shorter, the days of having the parks to yourself or making adrs 2 weeks in advance are gone. When it comes to things like the Hoop Dee Doo or any of the Character Meals, your playing with fire if you're not on the phone 180 days out. At least you got the later show, as opposed to no show at all. Have fun!!:thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
06-03-2008, 04:25 PM
we were there from nov 24 till Dec 1 and it was great.

TheRustyScupper
06-03-2008, 05:52 PM
1) Just because the early show is sold out, doesn't mean major crowds.
2) If both of the first two shows are sold, then worry.
3) After all, HDDR is normally pretty full.

Kairi_7378
06-03-2008, 06:03 PM
I know that HDDR was a highly recommended restaurant in the Official Guide to Disney World in 2007... I think it was called the #1 place to celebrate a kids' birthday. Not sure about 2008- but if the official guide says that it is THE place to go, it makes sense that it is booked.