PDA

View Full Version : Change to early seating?

sloslo
06-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Hi all,
We're going on the Wonder in December and just booked it. However, my agent said there's only late seating available. We're on the wait list but I was wondering did anyone else have this situation and how'd it work out? I don't think our 5 year old can wait that long for dinner!!

NJGIRL
06-03-2008, 10:25 AM
When we went in Oct 2004 we had the late sitting when we booked. We requested to be moved to the first sitting but never heard anything before we left for FL. When we got on the ship and into our room I was surprised to see that they did put us on the first sitting. I guess someone else wanted to switch at the last minute.

WonderlandsMostWanted
06-03-2008, 02:10 PM
When I booked our Dec cruise, the first seating was full also. I posted a thread about it a while back and got a lot of really great info. You can read more here, http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=129823

Hopefully this helps answer some of your questions.:mickey:

TammiMcMan
06-03-2008, 04:23 PM
When booking a cruise online, I believe the default is early dining. Once people realize that, they make changes. That can open up spots to either switch you before the actual cruise, or you can go to the reservation center on the ship after you board and check with them.

You do have choices if you end up with the later dining time. You can tide your little one over with a snack from room service, buffet or something on deck 9. The kids club also schedule time (usually around 6pm) and the counselors take the kids to dinner. If your child enjoys the kids club, they may want to spend a few hours there in the evening and that would mean a quiet dinner for 2 with your spouse. You can also skip the rotational restaurants (eat there for breakfast or lunch instead) and go to the buffet for dinner at your own convenience.

DisneyDudet
06-03-2008, 05:27 PM
When talking to others, some people find that the late seating with their little one actually works out.

Depending on your child, after early dining, they may be too tired to watch the show, which is much better than the food! If you don't get the early dining (which you can try to change when you board the ship), why not let her eat something from deck 9 or room servive, go to the show, and then get her some yummy food in the dining room. You can always ask your server to bring it out with your apps if she's really hungry.

Like I mentioned, if you can't get early seating before you board, you can head for the dining changes table set up as you board in the same location as the Palo Dining Reservation table. If you miss this table (which when you see the ship, you'll want to have fun!), you can always head to guest services to see what they can do for you.

We got stuck w/ late seating for this upcoming cruise, and looking at it, we think it might be nicer, since we don't have to rush back from the islands to get ready. We can go to the show, and finish getting ready before dinner.

Enjoy your cruise!