PDA

View Full Version : connecting rooms @ POP

Young@Heart
06-03-2008, 12:04 AM
We requested connecting rooms @ POP when we booked our trip. This is noted on our confirmation. However, I was told we couldn't book DH and I in one room and DC in another-we had to have an adult in each room and split the kids. Of course, once we check in, we can change sleeping arrangements any way we choose.

Anyway, now I'm starting to worry that we won't get connecting rooms since we have an adult in each room. It also probably won't help that DH and I have different last names, since I kept my maiden name. :confused:

Is there anything I can do to help our chances of getting connecting rooms? This is our anniversary trip, and I can't imagine having to spend a week apart at night!

TammiMcMan
06-03-2008, 01:59 AM
That's correct. The name on the room reservation has to be an adult (18 or older).

Unfortunately, there just isn't anyway to guarantee a connecting room, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as CRO "linked" your reservations and made notations on both that you need a connecting room, you'll probably be fine. Many of the rooms do connect, so you'd need a lot working against you.

It doesn't hurt to followup with a fax 3-4 days prior to arriving 407-938-4040 . This is when the resort actually receives your reservation from CRO and they start assigning rooms. Again though, there's no guarantee, but it wouldn't hurt to nicely request connecting rooms and adding that it's your anniversary could help. Ask again at check-in and if there is a problem, stay calm and work with the staff to see if there's anything they can do for you. They may have connecting rooms available at another value resort, so being flexible is a good thing too.

As I said though, you'll probably be fine, but having a plan B may ease your concerns for now.

Von-Drake
06-03-2008, 07:09 AM
I doubt you will end up without connecting rooms. A lot of the rooms at POP connect. I know the two times we stayed there, we did not ask for connecting rooms and got a connected room anyway.

momof3+twins
06-03-2008, 08:42 AM
Do you have one reservation number or two reservation numbers?
You should have one reservation number, if not call back. You got someone that doesn't know what they are doing.

If you have or can get one reservation number then you are guaranteed connecting rooms. Disney guarantees this for families. They told me so and they also have it noted on my reservation. They will not guarantee this if you have 2 reservations though because it will confuse them. Does that make sense.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-03-2008, 08:49 AM
I'm a little surprised that they couldn't guarantee you the connecting rooms.

I know many people who've gone to Disney and had the same set-up as you, adults in one room and kids in the other. Because the kids are going to be alone in a room, they guarantee connecting rooms.

I'd give Disney a call back...I'm sure they can sort it out for you.

TammiMcMan
06-03-2008, 09:54 AM
There's a lot of talk about the word "guarantee", but there really is no such thing in the hotel industry. Yes, if it says it on your reservation, you can complain about it, but if they don't have the specified room, they don't have the specified room. This can happen for many reasons, such as maintenance issues. You gotta trust me on this one. I've talked all the way up through Disney corporate on this subject. They will do the best they can to accomodate everyones request. If it will result in a hardship, they can look at other properties and/or choose to upgrade you.

DisneyAddict62
06-03-2008, 10:00 AM
We always request connecting rooms for our family (5 of us, plus my inlaws, the younger ones like to sleep in their room!) and have never had a problem.

Our first 4 visits, our reservations had always been 2 rooms on one confirmation number, however, our last stay at POP, I was informed that their policy had changed, and I had to put my inlaws on the second room and, therefore, had two reservations numbers. But, on the bright side, they "link" the reservations together on each room so they know you are traveling together. You'll get two seperate reservations, but you'll see on the top of the paper it says "traveling with" or something like that.

I hope that helps, I wouldn't worry too much!

LuvAllPrincesses
06-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Our reservations when we stayed at POP with 2 rooms in Dec 2006 said "guaranteed connecting" on it, even thought I had read everywhere there is no guarantee, so I'm not sure why they would even put it on the reservation if they aren't able to guarantee it. I'm sure that's one of their first considerations when assigning rooms. You can fax in your reminder/request a few days ahead of time as someone mentioned, but that's one thing that has always failed for me. When I've faxed in room number/building/view requests, they've told me at check-in that no fax was mentioned in our file so it must not have gotten through!

avantgardeinker
06-03-2008, 04:36 PM
We requested connecting rooms with my in-laws last year. We had 2 different reservation #'s and had no problem getting connecting rooms. I did call about a week before we left to make sure all our requests were noted on the reservations and they were. Good luck!

If you decide to call back to confirm everything, be sure you tell them it's your anniversary. It was my in-laws anniversary on our last trip and they got the anniversary button to wear around the parks when they checked in, so they didn't have to go to guest services when we got in the parks to get their buttons.

:mickey:

Brainiak5
06-03-2008, 08:04 PM
we've had good luck with the faxing of our request. a pleasantly worded request usually generates a positive response. 4-5 days before you arrive also gives them adequate lead time to plan appropriately. one time that our request couldn't be met, we got a complimentary upgarde to a CBR from ASM :mickey:

BigRedDad
06-03-2008, 09:25 PM
We had no trouble getting connecting rooms when we were there in the first week of April. It made the stay that much easier. My advice is to get there as early as possible so you can make room changes. Another thing to claim is medical need. My father had a hip injury and almost had to have replacement surgery. They gave him a handicap room and our room next to it.