PDA

View Full Version : Quality Inn Internat. Blvd. Good/Bad?

Kingmob31
06-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey Everyone,
I will be taking a school sponsored trip to Orlando in April '09. The school would put us up at the Wyndham Hotel during the stay for virtually free ($20+ a day).:)
The only thing is that we would be forced to stay 4 to a room. That means 4 guys sharing 2 beds for several nights:sick:
So I'm thinking of paying for my own room at another, cheaper hotel. I looked around and the Quality Inn is nearby and a lot cheaper.
My question is: is this a good, safe hotel? I don't need a lot of amendaties, just a place to sleep and keep my stuff.
Does anyone know of anywhere else near Internat. Blvd. that is a good place to stay and is cheap?

McGoofy
06-06-2008, 05:25 AM
It is not too often that we stay off property, so I do not have a lot knowledge regarding hotels on International Drive. However, last August we drove down to Disney and stayed at the one that I think you are talking about. We knew we were going to be arriving late at night (around midnight) so we didn't want to spend the money on an extra resort night just for a few hours of sleep. So we cashed in some of our Comfort Inn hotel points for a free night. We ended up staying at Quality Inn at 7600 International Dr. Yuck!!:sick: It was nasty. The room was old and musty. There were ants crawling around the sink. It just looked like it was stuck in a 1970's hotel time warp. I couldn't wait to get out of there and go check in at French Quarter. So while I can't tell you where to stay, I strongly suggest eliminating this hotel as one of your International Drive choices.

Hayden's Dad
06-06-2008, 09:18 AM
There are two on International. The one at 9000 International down by the conference center we have stayed at twice and it was nice for a typical hotel. Two beds a small fridge, I think we got it last time for around 44.95.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-06-2008, 10:29 AM
I've stayed at both on International, and I liked both for the price. They were pretty good, comfortable and very close to the attractions. We used them for HHN and conventions when we would visit from Boca Raton.

If I remember correctly, the ones closer to Universal are bigger.

You'll also be right next to where I live!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-06-2008, 10:12 PM
I've stayed at the bigger one closer to the Convention Center but not in a long time. It was a pretty good place but the shower was dirty/moldy/mildewy last time I stayed there.
There was always security out and about so I always felt safe there.