PDA

View Full Version : Half off Disney Cruise Deposit thru June 15th

caryrae
06-02-2008, 06:48 PM
I read that Disney is offering a half off deposit deal for categories 4 - 12 for sail dates from September 1, 2008 - December 30, 2009

caryrae
06-02-2008, 06:58 PM
It must be true, I tried it on the Disney website for 2 adults and the deposit said $250 when it usually is $500. They use the promotional code HOD (Half Off Deposit)

DisneyDudet
06-03-2008, 01:24 AM
Do you get half off the deposit only? Does that mean you pay the rest of it with your balance?

Just wondering. We plan to book onboard, so this may not work out for us.

TammiMcMan
06-03-2008, 02:06 AM
Do you get half off the deposit only?Yes.

Does that mean you pay the rest of it with your balance?Yes. The remainder of the deposit is due with your final payment.

We plan to book onboard, so this may not work out for us.It has to be booked by June 15th. There's no stipulation that it's an online offer only, but it does say that "other restrictions may apply".

Dsnygirl
06-03-2008, 02:56 AM
:mickey: Good news! But - does anybody know if this will apply if you book with a travel agency? We're using MJ, and I'll check w/ our agent... but just wondered if anyone knew right off if this only applies to people booking directly with DCL.

Thanks!! :thanks:

TammiMcMan
06-03-2008, 04:26 PM
It should apply to anyone, regardless of how it's booked. I'm sure MJ will take good care of you.

DisneyDudet
06-03-2008, 05:18 PM
It has to be booked by June 15th. There's no stipulation that it's an online offer only, but it does say that "other restrictions may apply".

We're sailing June 22, so we'd be exempt anyway.

ElenitaB
06-03-2008, 08:01 PM
This just may be the incentive I need to book again! :cloud9:

DisneyDudet
06-03-2008, 08:24 PM
This just may be the incentive I need to book again! :cloud9:

Ellen, June 22 is looking mighty nice! haha!

You should book a special Eastern to Tortola for next year.. and MAYBE we might be on the same cruise!

johnO
06-04-2008, 11:05 AM
It'd be nice if they had a discount promotion...Sooo expensive...

johnO
06-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Despite my own complaints of high cost.......I just booked for October...:secret:

caryrae
07-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Looks like the 50% off deposit deal is back. I didn't see anything about date restrictions but this is what the Disney website says.

50% Reduced Deposit Online Offer

If your dream vacation to the beautiful Bahamas or the sun-kissed Caribbean has been waiting for you, now's the time to claim it! For a limited time, you can reserve your spot on a Disney cruise for less than ever before. The remainder of the deposit won't be due until the time of final payment.

Take advantage of this special reduction to book any and all of Disney's wonderful cruises. Enjoy the extra time you'll have to look forward to and plan your perfect getaway.

Additional Information:

Book a Disney Cruise online and the deposit will be reduced by 50%.
Offer only applies to sailings with a required deposit.
This offer applies to new bookings only.
This offer is applicable to categories 4-12.
Deferred deposit amount due at time of final payment.
This offer is available to Guests who book on disneycruise.com as well as Guests booking through a travel agent (travel agent is required to book on disneycruise.com for offer).
Offer is subject to availability and other restrictions may apply.
Plus, enjoy a $25 Onboard Credit per stateroom when you book online.

TammiMcMan
07-02-2008, 11:22 AM
I've got to think that future bookings are being affected by the state of the economy right now, so DCL has decided to take off an expiration date for this offer. Being able to hang onto your money for a little bit longer, may be appealing to those who are able to book a cruise in these uncertain times.

DisneyDudet
07-02-2008, 02:59 PM
I will have to look at our confirmation, but I believe that when we booked for our cruise next year while on the Wonder, after the initial deadline, we only paid half of the deposit.

So, I guess this offer never ended!

Dsnygirl
07-07-2008, 03:00 PM
:mickey: This would be good news for us -- hopefully we'll be able to finalize our booking for next fall in the next couple of weeks, and this would certainly help! :mickey: