PDA

View Full Version : Sore Back-end of Soarin'

xipetotec
06-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Being a BCV stayer, I'm a bit annoyed about Soarin's obstructive view. Oh! not for the reason you might think!!

When I hear wonderful stories about Disney Imagineering, I take great delight in stuff like Tower of Terror being specifically coloured the way it was so that it would blend in with the Morocco pavillion from the World Showcase.

There are lots of stories like this about backstage and/or other bits being not visible or incorporated into the landscape for "guests".

But it seems they are getting lazy with this. If you are staying at the BCV, you can clearly see the UGLY hangar like look of the back end of soarin'. Not to mention the scaffolding holding up the rocky mountains. How dissapointing. :confused:

TheRustyScupper
06-03-2008, 01:44 PM
1) Disney and Disney Imagineering are getting pretty shoddy.
2) You can plainly see the rear structures of Soarin' and Expedition Everest
3) They used to be so good at disguising buildings.
4) Absolutely pitiful is the state of Imagineering.

Ian
06-03-2008, 03:49 PM
I have to agree with Rusty on this one ... that Soarin' show building is a complete disgrace and totally ruins the sightlines around World Showcase.

Honestly, the entire thing violates every rule of Imagineering. They completely dropped the ball with that.

I had heard a pretty hot and heavy rumor awhile ago that they were trying to do something in Canada to expand the "mountain" there and help cover it up, but obviously nothing ever came of it.

Money, money, money ... it costs "too much" to do it right anymore.

Jasper
06-03-2008, 03:56 PM
I have not been to Epcot since Soarin' was put up but I have been to the one in California and it was designed as an old fashioned airplane hanger. Is the one at Epcot also designed this way? I ask the question because you described it as looking like a hanger so maybe that part was intentional. However I have no good explanation for the mountains.

xipetotec
06-03-2008, 04:37 PM
I have not been to Epcot since Soarin' was put up but I have been to the one in California and it was designed as an old fashioned airplane hanger. Is the one at Epcot also designed this way? I ask the question because you described it as looking like a hanger so maybe that part was intentional. However I have no good explanation for the mountains.

Well thing is that this view is from the bank, and it just looks like a big block. But even if it did look like a plane hangar, it would still be out of theme for "The Land" pavillion...