PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella's Royal Table vs. Akershus???

kadesha
06-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Could some of you that have been to both compare them for me. I really wanted to eat at the castle again this year, but the more I think about it, the more I don't want to have to use 2 dining credits on it. I've never been to Akershus. What are some of the examples of the food they serve? What princesses are usually there? Any other info would be appreciated!

Gator
06-02-2008, 03:17 PM
The food at Akershus is pretty good. It's not American fare, but you'll like it. You probably won't see Cinderella, but the others will be there. I really like it, plus it's not as expensive.

Giselle
06-02-2008, 03:27 PM
I think the character interaction at both is equally magical. The main difference is the food which is delicious at the castle and horrible at akershus. Also, the castle has atmosphere that is unsurpassed but akershus is just so-so. We have met more unique princesses at the akershus -- such as mulan and ariel (with feet in a dress) while at the castle I have mainly only seen princesses that you can also meet at the tent in toon town - but I have also seen mary poppins and jasmine there. Overall, I would choose the castle if I could only do one, but both are worth trying if you can. Have fun.

Also, as per the above post, I have met Cinderella at both Akershus and the Castle.

r4kids
06-02-2008, 03:31 PM
To be honest we really like both but for different reasons. CRT because of atmosphere and the bkft and lunch have Cindy. Akershaus has 4 or so princesses. Typically Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Mary Poppins, Mulan, Jasmine. They rotate through and see all the guests. In our opinion bkft is the best. We really don't care for lunch or dinner here. If you want to hit all the princesses I would do the following. Akershaus for bkft ( 1TS), 1900 Park Fare- Dinner- Cindy, Prince Charming, 2 mice and Fairy Godmother (1TS) and then if you want something a little extra special lunch in the castle ( CRT)OOP.

joanna71985
06-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Could some of you that have been to both compare them for me. I really wanted to eat at the castle again this year, but the more I think about it, the more I don't want to have to use 2 dining credits on it. I've never been to Akershus. What are some of the examples of the food they serve? What princesses are usually there? Any other info would be appreciated!

I have done both, and I prefer CRT (the lunch is one of my favorite meals, and I will be eating there again in July for my birthday!!).

When I ate at Norway for Breakfast, the characters were Snow White (lobby), Pocahontas, Mulan, Mary Poppins, and Jasmine. The food was so-so.
When I last ate at CRT (last July) the characters were Cinderella (lobby), Fairy Godmother, Snow White, Belle (blue dress), and Jasmine. I love the food there.

Young@Heart
06-02-2008, 04:47 PM
I think I may be in the minority, but we did not care for the food at CRT. Everything else was great, but the food just was not worth 2 credits/person.
I can't speak to either foor or atmosphere at Akershus since we won't be eating there til Aug, but we're going in w/ an open mind, and I'm sure we'll be able to find something each of us likes. :thumbsup:

MickeyMomof2
06-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Although you can't compare with the magic of eating in the castle, we thought Akershus was great. We saw Cinderella, Belle, Ariel, Pocahontas and Jasmine. If you have done CRT before, I would try Akershus, especially since it saves a credit!

scootch713
06-02-2008, 06:18 PM
The food at Akershus is MUCH, MUCH better than CRT. My girls prefer it over CRT for princesses too.

kadesha
06-02-2008, 07:36 PM
I think I may be in the minority, but we did not care for the food at CRT. Everything else was great, but the food just was not worth 2 credits/person.
I can't speak to either foor or atmosphere at Akershus since we won't be eating there til Aug, but we're going in w/ an open mind, and I'm sure we'll be able to find something each of us likes. :thumbsup:

I'm not crazy about the food at CRT either. The atmosphere is great though. I'm kind of scared to Akershus because I'm not sure of what any of the food is.

Thank you all for the replies.

scootch713
06-03-2008, 08:05 AM
I'm not crazy about the food at CRT either. The atmosphere is great though. I'm kind of scared to Akershus because I'm not sure of what any of the food is.

Thank you all for the replies.

Are you planning breakfast, lunch or dinner, I can answer breakfast for you??

Tinkerfreak
06-03-2008, 08:45 AM
It depends on if you are eating breakfast, lunch or dinner. We hated the dinner in Norway and nobody in our family could find anything we liked. We would never do anything other than breakfast there again. The breakfast was wonderful. We also like breakfast at CRT and the character interaction was the same as well as the food. We did not do CRT last year and my 2DD's and I missed it more than we thought we would so we are doing it again this year. For us it is not so much about the characters as it is just the thrill of eating in the castle.
We have always had wonderful dinners at CRT but we usually pay oop and save the 2ts credits for other meals.

cal5755
06-03-2008, 11:39 AM
I can not speak for CRT... we will be trying that in September. Our family LOVES Akershus though. The character interaction is great. When we were there we saw Belle, Snow White, Aurora, Ariel, Jasmine and Pocohantas. They were great with the kids. We all enjoyed our food, we are pretty open minded though. My aunt has eaten there and she hated it. We went for dinner and we found the food tasty and they have an appetizer buffet with different kids of cheeses, meats etc. My DS 12 actually requested this as his ADR when we asked each of the kids to pick a restaurant. He loves the food and the explanation from our waiter about the dishes when we asked questions.

If you really don't want to use 2 cs I agree with R4KIDS and go for breakfast at Akershus (you usually can't go wrong with breakfast food) and 1900 park fare for dinner if you really want a character meal with Cinderella....

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-03-2008, 01:09 PM
We have done both multiple times and we prefer Aker. The characters are a little more unique and the interaction was great. The atmosphere of CRT is incredible and a must do for anyone who has never done it. After a couple of times save your 1 TS and go to Lecellier or Ohana's instead. The food is a little different but if you want ordinary go off property and eat at a chain restaurant. We personally go to Disney for variation and fun so we go out of our box and try new things. The kids menus are fine and they will eat so give it a try. We really enjoy it. It will not be your best meal on property but we found it just as good as CRT and saved a TS.

Gooftroop5
06-04-2008, 09:38 AM

Include me too & especially dh. The atmosphere of the castle is nice but the food is not worth it. Dh & I ate there for dinner on our 2nd anniversary. Dh refuses to go ever again. He said I can take dd there in a few years (more likely for her 16th birthday time frame) & he will take our 2 dses & hit the park to have a guys day with the boys.

We are planning on trying Akershus for breakfast this year too. Only way to know is to try it.

momofaprincess
06-04-2008, 10:19 AM
We've done both breakfasts twice each. CRT and Akershus had similar food for breakfast. CRT of course has the atmosphere of the castle, but Akershus had better character interaction both times as well as a shorter wait to be seated once you're inside the restaurant. We saw Cinderella, Fairy Godmother, Belle (blue dress), Snow White, and Jasmine both times at CRT. We saw Belle (yellow dress in lobby), Jasmine, Snow White, Mulan, and Aurora both times at Akershus. Now that the picture package is included in Akershus you get pics with both meals which wasn't that way last year. I think everyone should do CRT at least once just for the atmosphere but my little princess enjoyed Akershus as much if not more than CRT.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-04-2008, 12:03 PM
We've been to both, Akershus and CRT for breakfast, and CRT for dinner.

From a breakfast perspective, Akershus was wonderful. The hot food is basically the same, and was very good. The server was awesome (better than CRT), and Princess interaction was great. We saw Belle, Snow White, Aurora, Jasime, and Mulan.

So, there is something about eating in the Castle, but Akershus was wonderful, and we will most definately return.

kadesha
06-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Are you planning breakfast, lunch or dinner, I can answer breakfast for you??

We usually do our character meals for lunch or dinner. We are not big breakfast people, we just have cereal and milk in the resort!

Thank you all for your replies. I'm just a little worried at Akherus that the kids won't like the food. Maybe we'll try them both...

Queen Stephanie
06-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Okay here goes...we have had great breakfast experiences at both places, however, the atmosphere is better at Cindy's. The princesses were more believable at CRT as they took their time with the guests and were elegant as Princesses should be. :princess: The servers were much, much better at CRT, no question about it. Although, there are more Princesses at Ak, they seemed to be in a hurry and not as authentic. :unsure:In final, the royal treatment is better at Cinderella's Royal Table. Just my opinion, because I do love the Royal Treatment!

kadesha
06-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Well I just made my ADR's. I went for Akhersus.

I decided that since this is a low-budget trip, and we've eaten in the castle before, that we'd just make the most of our dining credits!!

Thanks for all of your responses!

thejens
06-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Since you have done CRT before I think you made a great decision. We did both and they are both special in different ways. Neither have the very best food, but are fun experiences.

Young@Heart
06-05-2008, 12:07 AM
I bet you'll be happy w/ your Akershus! I know some people say the food selection is not the best, but I've also read great things about the cold table buffet and I know there's basic food that my DD 5 will eat. We're going w/ an open mind, and I'm sure it'll be great!

Plus, DD is so excited about the multitude of princesses, and now the picture package is included, so overall it's a great value. :mickey: