PDA

View Full Version : What Disney Songs Give You Chills?

iDisney
06-02-2008, 12:42 AM
The title says it all. What Disney song(s) give you chills (in a good way) when you hear them? They can be from a movie, park, or anything else Disney related.

The song that immediately comes to my mind that gives me chills is Circle of Life. I don't care which version it is, it instantly sends a shiver down my spine!

KineGirl
06-02-2008, 01:19 AM
Promise/We'll go on - from the Millenium Illuminations. They still play it after Illuminations. Actually my daughter used to sing it to me saying it reminded her of us - now we both get weepy and hold hands when they play it after the show. Such a beautiful song & lyrics :cloud9:

elmjimmlm
06-02-2008, 08:18 AM
The music of Fantasmic...I love it so much...:mickey:

merlinmagic4
06-02-2008, 08:21 AM
Hakuna Matata - it means no worries for the rest of your days! We saw FOTLK on my son's Make a Wish trip and that is so what I wish for him!

Tinksalot
06-02-2008, 08:30 AM
"When you wish upon a star"
Brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it.
:mickey:

TKDONALD
06-02-2008, 08:59 AM
"GO THE DISTANCE" FROM HERCULES:mickey:

disneymom15
06-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Wishes and also the song after Illuminations.

ibrowse17
06-02-2008, 09:50 AM
There are a few, but I would have to say the music from Wishes:thumbsup:

RAIDER
06-02-2008, 09:57 AM
"We go on and Promise " from the Epcot Celebration cd ....The words are haunting and so emotive :thumbsup:

joanna71985
06-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Oh man. I have so many favorites (95% of my Itunes is Disney music). But I would have to say that my current favorite is The Call (from the Prince Caspian soundtrack). So beautiful!!

Sunshine1010
06-02-2008, 10:06 AM
....the part during Illuminations with some kind of wind instruments and they are showing images on the globe
(the first time I saw Illuminations, was almost 1 year after my mother passed away from a 2 year fight with Cancer. I instantly thought of her and she was next to me the entire show 'in spirit'. I cried like a baby, trying to hide the tears from my family)

----Wishes

----The Cirlce of Life

I know there are more, but I can't think of them.

DisneyCouture
06-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Illuminations music makes me get teary eyed. It reminds me of the first time I watched it as an adult with my DH on our first trip together to Disney when we first got married.

goingbacktodisney
06-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Definately WISHES for me!

LauraleeH
06-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Oh man. I have so many favorites (95% of my Itunes is Disney music). But I would have to say that my current favorite is The Call (from the Prince Caspian soundtrack). So beautiful!!
I completely agree, I love that song!

Also, I love Grim Grinning Ghosts from the Haunted Mansion. Ever since I was little, I'd get that happy Disney feeling whenever I hear it.

brad192
06-02-2008, 12:54 PM
I agree with just about all that's been mentioned! (Not Hakuna Matata though...)

I had a "Disney Moment" last October when listening to Voices of Liberty. They closed their wonderful set with "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes", and I instantly dissolved into a weepy mess, embarrassing myself quite a bit. :blush: Anything they sing gives me a shiver, but this was something more. I can't wait to see them again in December! :mickey:

brertosh
06-02-2008, 01:03 PM
When You Wish Upon A Star, A Whole New World, Beauty and the Beast, Kiss the Girl, Wishes, Go the Distance, Reflection, Baby Mine, Can You Feel the Love Tonight.... Just to name a few!

Marceline
06-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Okay, this might be silly as it's not a deeply emotional song but it does give me chills as it encapsulates what Disney magic sounds like......the Spectramagic song!

:magic:

LauraleeH
06-02-2008, 10:13 PM
I forgot one! I love my Jim Brickman Disney cd...and the song Beautiful (Wayne Brady) absolutely makes me melt. I'm not even sure why, but I always envision that song as my wedding song if and when I get married at Disney and I just have this certain Cinderella-ish picture in my head of our first dance as husband and wife :cloud9:

merlinmagic4
06-03-2008, 06:24 AM
I agree with just about all that's been mentioned! (Not Hakuna Matata though...)

LOL! I know most of the song is ridiculous but those couple of lines about no worries are so reflective of our life. I sing them all the time when he is sick or in the hospital. You made me laugh, though. To each his own, I guess!

ChipnDaleGal
06-03-2008, 07:57 AM
Aladdin was the first Disney movie my daughter fell in love with, and Jasmine is still her favorite princess all these years later. So "A Whole New World" is not only a beautiful song, it is also all wrapped up in my little girl falling in love with Disney and all the wonderful times we have had together through the years in the parks together. It will never, ever not give me chills when I hear it. :mickey:

DisneyDog
06-03-2008, 10:40 AM
"You'll be in my heart" from Tarzan. It reminds me of my dog who passed away a year and a half ago. I always promised him that I would take care of him no matter what, up until the end. And I was there for him when he passed. The song is so fitting, since it's about a mother taking care of a child who is not only not her own, but not even her own species.

We bought a Phil Collins concert DVD and he sings that song on the DVD. I was watching it with DH, and he looked over and I had tears streaming down my face and had no idea why.

alphamommy
06-03-2008, 02:42 PM
"When You Wish Upon a Star" is my favorite. The music from "Wishes" makes me pretty weepy, too.

I also love "Be My Guest", not so much because it makes me melt, but because it has all the elements of a great Hollywood musical number. I love all the Ashman-Menken stuff.

AHOTE
06-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Anything sung by the Voices of Liberty. :flag: Hearing them sing always gave me goosebumps. We were fortunate to have been in the MK for the lowering of the Flag and the presentation of a wreath on 9-11 last year. The Voices of Liberty along with a Military Honor Guard added something special that touched all who were in attendance that day. It's something I will always remember.

little disney lovers
06-04-2008, 04:21 AM
You know that song from Brother Bear about family. It was playing in Main Street the first time we went to a Disney park (Disneyland, May 2005). I just love it.

LauraleeH
06-05-2008, 07:38 PM
You know that song from Brother Bear about family. It was playing in Main Street the first time we went to a Disney park (Disneyland, May 2005). I just love it.
That's "Welcome" and it is a good song! :)

Melanie
06-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Definitely Soarin' and also Two Brothers from the American Adventure. And I'll agree that listening to anything the Voices of Liberty sing is chill-worthy!

dolphinmickey9170
06-05-2008, 09:18 PM
For me, its -

Wishes

Golden Dream - American Adventure

A Dream is a Wish - Voices of Liberty!!

2Epcot
06-05-2008, 09:59 PM
"When you wish upon a star"
Brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it.
:mickey:

I think I fell in love with Disney with "When You Wish Upon A Star". I remember it so well watching the Wonderful World of Disney when I was kid.

Golden Dream - American Adventure!

The right song with the right images can be so dramatic and touching ... it works so well with this song in the American Adventure.

Sunshine1010
06-05-2008, 10:41 PM
When You Wish Upon A Star.....by David Cook (wink wink)

MNNHFLTX
06-07-2008, 02:47 PM
There are many songs, but the classic would have to be "When You Wish Upon a Star". It brings back so many memories of watching "The Wonderful World of Disney" as a kid and I love its message of hope. Chokes me up every time. :mickey:

tinkwest
06-08-2008, 12:34 PM
From the parks --- "Electrical Parade"

From a movie --- "Feed the Birds" (Mary Poppins)

I agree with many of you that it is not just the songs themselves but the experiences & memories that go along with them.

jennbunn
06-09-2008, 02:03 AM
it is a 3 way tie between wishes,reflection,and a dream is a wish.

disneydeb
06-09-2008, 03:42 AM
You'll Be In My Heart

Circle of Life

Both of these are so powerful.

DAKustodial
06-09-2008, 10:10 AM
For me it's "When You Wish Upon a Star," the Billy Joel version.

While we were engaged, my wife and I just could not pick our wedding song...we had a couple in mind, but they just weren't perfect. We're both former cast members and huge Billy Joel fans. One night, we were cooking dinner and I had my Billy Joel box set in the CD player, and his version of the song came on...we both looked at eachother and said, "This is it!"

SpecJoe Magic
06-10-2008, 02:36 PM
There are a lot of Disney songs that give me chills, but the one that immediately comes to mind is The Bells of Notre Dame. It's such a powerful opening number that does a great job of describing the premise of the movie in a way that is incredibly intense, and the note that Clopin (Paul Kandel) hits at the end of the song is the most absurdly high note that I've ever heard.

DisneyDudet
06-10-2008, 10:59 PM
"Change In Me" from the Broadway performances of Beauty And The Beast. The notes are amazing, and the words fit a lot of situations I've been in.

I know most people may not know what this is, but the music that plays when they light the castle candles at Disneyland Paris, and when they light it up like snow (they have always done it there, but think what they did at WDW last year). That music was amazing.

Usually, the first song I hear when I walk though the gates of the Magic Kingdom is the song that brings me chills.... and tears.