PDA

View Full Version : Please Help***What Happens If A Guest in You Dinner Party Gets Sick?

mickeysmouse
06-02-2008, 12:40 AM
Okay sorry for the long title. I am sure I am missing this question/answer somewhere but I am curious; what happens if you have dining reservations for 4 but someone gets sick or a couple cannot come for some reason? I made dining reservations for myself, spouse, and my parents whom are much older. I know from experience there have been times they don't feel up to going out or want to rest so we have altered our plans last minute. Has anyone had this happen and still wanted to go to the restaurant? Do they give you a hard time or refuse you service because the entire party isn't together? Any light you can shed would greatly be appreciated, thank you all!!!

:hug:

KineGirl
06-02-2008, 01:15 AM
Nope you should be fine. Ive been in that situation.Just go ahead to your ADRs as usual and tell them that the 3 of you are the entire party because they wont seat you until youre whole party shows up.

kakn7294
06-02-2008, 05:10 AM
You'll be fine. We had that happen once - DH ended up napping on a couch in the GF lobby while the rest of us went to 1900 PF. They didn't give us any problems at all and actually were quite concerned about him - they even wanted to send him off to see a doctor.

sillyolbear
06-02-2008, 08:28 AM
Happened to us in April. We just told them at the podium that two of our part had fallen ill an could join us. No problem at all.

MsMin
06-02-2008, 09:07 AM
It's more difficult to add then subtract b/c of planning for table size. When I made my ADR's last month I wasn't sure how long my nephew was staying and they said it was no problem to make it to cover the entire party! Have a great time.

KylesMom
06-02-2008, 09:50 AM
We've done this on a few occasions (Chef Mickey's, Tony's Town Square) without problems when DH has been taken ill. My only question would be if you would be charged for "no shows" for dining reservations which require a pre-pay (such as CRT). Something to check into further if you're making a ressie that does require payment up front.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-02-2008, 10:44 AM
We booked all of our ADR's for 4, but we wiped Mom out and she decided not to join us for breakfast one morning. It was no problem at all, we just told the CM at the check-in that we would be short 1.

The above post has a really good point, I don't think you'd get your $$ back from a pre-paid ADR, but you could always ask.

BigRedDad
06-02-2008, 11:05 AM
My understanding is for restaurants that have a pre-pay require 48-hours advance notice of a cancellation or there is a no-refund or limited-refund policy. I have 2 ADRs in November that fell into this category: Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic package, Akershus.

Aggie97
06-02-2008, 03:19 PM
We had no problem doing this (ADR for four, but only two could make it) at Yachtsman Steakhouse last year. :mickey:

irish1967
06-02-2008, 09:05 PM
We did not have a problem with this at all in January when we reduced our ADR from 4 to 3 on a few different occassions.

We ended up doing this at Kona Cafe, Le Cellier, and Brown Derby.

My understaning is that since 3 would be seated at a 4 person table anyway, it wasn't a big deal.

AuntDJ
06-02-2008, 09:48 PM
We did this about a year ago...but it was not because of illness. We had P & P party tickets for the girls and Chef Mickey's for the family. Well, my nephew wanted a boy's thing since we were going to the party. So I called dining to change the party size from 7 to 3...they said it was too late just let the hostess know when we checked in.

It was not a problem at all. I agree that going from large to smaller party is not an issue.

Disney is very good at make everything really easy to have a good vacation!

dj

mickeysmouse
06-03-2008, 01:49 AM
thank you all for the input, you guys are a blessing!!!

:hug:

brownie
06-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Don't change your ADRs, just tell them when you check-in.

anneb
06-03-2008, 12:59 PM
I agree - do not change your ADR, unless there's a cancellation penalty. We had reservations for 7 at Boma earlier this year, and when three of our party had to go home a few days early, my mom made the mistake of calling the dining line to let them know there would only be 4 of us. The reservationist cancelled our reservation entirely, then said that she didn't have any tables for 4, and could only take us about 2 hours earlier! I am sure that if we had simply shown up at our original time with only 4, they would have seated us and easily rearranged some tables or seating so that the "empty" seats were used by others.

thrillme
06-03-2008, 01:35 PM
My understanding is for restaurants that have a pre-pay require 48-hours advance notice of a cancellation or there is a no-refund or limited-refund policy. I have 2 ADRs in November that fell into this category: Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic package, Akershus.

PRE-PAY for ADR's? :confused: you're kidding me? No refund? As much as I hate making ADR's I was "almost" considering making one or two for an upcoming trip...but if I have to lose out if I miss it...That would just make the trip very very stressful.

irish1967
06-04-2008, 08:50 AM
PRE-PAY for ADR's? :confused: you're kidding me? No refund? As much as I hate making ADR's I was "almost" considering making one or two for an upcoming trip...but if I have to lose out if I miss it...That would just make the trip very very stressful.

The vast majority of restaurantes do not require you to give a cc number to guarantee.

For the ones that do, you don't "pre-pay" for the meal. Your cc will only be charged if you aren't able to make your ADR and don't cancel the ADR before the deadline (I think 48 hours)

If it would cause stress, just avoid making ADRs for the restaurants that require the cc guarantee and you'll be fine.

KylesMom
06-04-2008, 09:17 AM
As Irish mentioned, there are not alot of pre-pay or guarantee with credit card situations. However, dinner shows such as Hoop-De-Doo and the very popular CRT character meals in the castle require a pre-pay. Dining packages such as the Fantasmic Dinner Package requires a credit card guarantee. If the reservation is not cancelled within 48 hours prior to your ADR, they charge something like $10 per person for no-shows for Fantasmic. Not sure if you forfeit the whole amount for HDD or CRT, though.