PDA

View Full Version : Big River Grille & Brewing Works

Dr. Disney
06-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Hello All!! We're going down in December and are planning our dinners w/ DDP. We're looking to try some new places and saw Big River Grille & Brewing Works at the Boardwalk. Just wondering what your opinions are on this place. I love beer and am definitely looking forward to that. Just wondering if the food is good enough to use DDP options here.

Thanks in advance for the input!

Maleficent's Dad
06-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Big River - we have very mixed feelings on this place... :unsure:

First off, the beer is definitely good and tasty! :beer:

Big River has a great location and you can eat inside or out. Food runs the gamut from good to average. We used to swear by the Mahi-mahi ceaser salad. But recent visits have disappointed.

The thing we've noticed is that the service has been spotty. Our most recent visit in December left us disappointed in the service more than anything.

I do like the place, and we do stop in for a beer or two. But it's not a staple any longer for us. Just too "hit or miss" after several visits.

luvwinnie
06-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Of all the places that we ate at last September (we were on the DDP for 6 nights), this was our least favorite. We will not be rushing back there. It was not horrible, just did not compare to our other restaurant selections.

xipetotec
06-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Hello All!! We're going down in December and are planning our dinners w/ DDP. We're looking to try some new places and saw Big River Grille & Brewing Works at the Boardwalk. Just wondering what your opinions are on this place. I love beer and am definitely looking forward to that. Just wondering if the food is good enough to use DDP options here.

Thanks in advance for the input!

Well we always go in a large group ( 15 last time ) with varying age groups and varying opinions, and we ALL love this place. In fact, we often go more than once per trip ( it helps that we stay at BCV, but DW and I made a point of going even when we stayed a ASMo ). the food is good pub grub. my father *loved* the NY Strip here. And the beer is very good. ( If you mention interest in the brewery to your server, you may very well get a tour ).

And if it's nice out, you can sit outside right on the boardwalk. Nothing quite like enjoying a meal and a pint, overlooking the lake at the Beach Club, Paradise :) :beer::number1:

Mfarquar
06-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Double-check to see if Big River is still included on the dining plan. While making ressies for my upcoming trip in Sept., I've had 2 different cast members tell me that this restaurant does not accept the dining plan and that I must call Big River directly to make a reservation (and they gave me the phone#).

Hopeflly I was given the wrong information! :fingers:

Dr. Disney
06-02-2008, 10:59 AM
I've had 2 different cast members tell me that this restaurant does not accept the dining plan and that I must call Big River directly to make a reservation (and they gave me the phone#).

Hopeflly I was given the wrong information! :fingers:

I hope they do accept it still... it was on the DDP listing here at Intercot that I came across them and Intercot's information has yet to fail me.

Looking forward to the beers :beer::beer:, hopefully our service will be a little better than what I've seen posted here so far.