PDA

View Full Version : Grand Gathering dining ressies?

r4kids
06-01-2008, 02:17 PM
We will be a party of 8 most of the time but a party of 10 for some meals. :confused: Anyway, should we go through a Grand Gathering agent? IS it easier to get dining ressies? Any info on this is appreciated :mickey:

cal5755
06-01-2008, 02:35 PM
For parties of 8 or more I do believe they will automatically transfer you to Grand Gathering dining. They are excellent to deal with though and very helpful..... I have dealt with them often and they are great!!

Here is the GG number 407-939-7526. Have fun planning your vacation!!

r4kids
06-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Thank you :)

irish1967
06-01-2008, 06:00 PM
My impression is that I wait to talk to a CM less at the Grand Gathering number than when I call the Disney Dining number. I've never actually timed it so take that for what it is worth (not much :mickey:)

I don't think that it is "easier" to get an ADR for a popular restaurant if you call the Grand Gathering numer vs the regular number. I think that the Grand Gathering CMs access the same reservation system as the CMs at the normal dining number so calling the Grand Gathering number won't give you a better chance at an ADR at for example, Le Cellier.

If you have a restaurant you REALLY want to dine at - my recommendation would be to call at 7:00 a.m. EST exactly 180 days out regardless of which number you are using to make your ADRs.

r4kids
06-02-2008, 09:35 AM
That is my plan. I am always on at 7am 180 days out. I didn't know if we had to go through them or not. I am calling to find out today. Thanks :mickey:

mouse-logic
06-02-2008, 12:43 PM
From past experience, we have had a very difficult time getting ADRs for 10 or more regardless of how early we called. Generally speaking they may offer you ADRs for the numbre in your party, but will not guarantee that you will all be seated at the same, or even adjacent tables.

The only exceptions are for the Grand Gathering events.....Illuminations dinner/dessert....Safari VIP thing....etc.

Good luck.