PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way YOU do it?

thrillme
06-01-2008, 02:09 PM
For years when I've planned my Disney vacation I usually just go to the DisneyWorld website and book a vacation. Before that I would just call the hotel and get a room and buy my tickets from our tickets and tours office on base (slight discount but not much).

Sometimes I feel like I'm doing everything wrong. There must be a better way. Even though I've been to Disney several times I'm willing to learn new tricks.

What's the best way to do this. We're going October 8-13, 2008 and I do want to stay at an on-site hotel and I also want to get tickets for the halloween party (I've NEVER done this).

My budget is limited...what would you recommend?

kadesha
06-01-2008, 02:31 PM
I usually do it myself, but this year I think I am going to go through Magical Journeys. They will book everything for you and keep an eye out for discounts and apply them if they should arise. From what I understand, it doesn't cost anything to use them.

faline
06-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Use Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/)! They're wonderful!

Checkers
06-01-2008, 02:36 PM
:mickey:I agree -- use Magical Journeys. They are just great! We are DVC owners and usually use Member Services but when we schedule an impromptu trip and don't want to use up our DVC points, MJ has always given us great service and will keep an eye out for additional discounts. Good luck and have a good trip!

Bri
06-01-2008, 02:42 PM
I also suggest Magical Journeys. I have planned our first 2 trips myself and I had no problems but I was totally ignorant to the fact that there were possible discounts. This year I booked through Magical Journeys and it's nice to know that they will rework my reservation if any discounts become available for me. It is a free service and they are really nice. As for the Halloween party tickets, that is something you book for yourself. It's easier for you to call cause if the day you want is sold out you can just work something else on the phone right then. If you go through Magical Journeys to book those tickets, and something is sold out, MJ has to get back in contact with you and you tell them a different day and so on. It's much easier to do it yourself. Same thing goes for your dinner reservations.

mickeefan
06-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Give Magical Journeys a try. You will be amazed at how smooth your arrangements will go and with no hassle for you at all. If there is a discount available, or a room that is hard to find, they will come up with it for you.
I,also, was a die hard do it yourself for years until around 7 trips ago when I was having a terrible time and decided to contact Wendy at MJ. She solved all my problems and since then I will only go through MJ and wish I had found her many years before that.
They are the greatest.

thrillme
06-02-2008, 12:25 PM
What is a number for "magical journeys" also who would you call for Halloween party tickets if you don't go through Magical Journeys for them?

faline
06-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Use the link in my first post above to get to Magical Journeys. You start by filling out an on-line request. They will assign you to an agent who will contact you. If you don't hear from someone with the next 24-48 hours, check your junk e-mail to be sure it wasn't screened out.

For party tickets, call Disney World directly.

To purchase tickets call (407) W-DISNEY (934-7639).

thrillme
06-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Ok...I filled out the form for Magical Journeys now I'm holding my breath hoping they can find some kind of deal for me.

Thank you all.

Taja
06-03-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm a control freak, so I usually book everything myself! *LOL*

Do you belong to AAA? If so, MJ will check to see if a discount is available for your dates at your preferred resort(s). That's one opportunity to save some money! You won't get rich, but every little bit helps. :)

If staying at a value resort is in the cards (famiily size can be a factor), that's another way to save money. There are many things you can do to help make your holiday a bit more budget friendly, but it's really a matter of personal preferences.