PDA

View Full Version : El Pirata y el Perico Buffet

peterbiltchic2000
06-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Is this a good place to eat and is it on the DDP

bigbabyblues
06-01-2008, 02:54 PM
The buffet at El Pirata y el Perico was just a test, if I remember right, and it didn't last very long.

El Pirata is back to a counter service that is open "seasonally". The only time we've ever seen it open was the week of Memorial Day last year, so I'm not really sure when "seasonally" is. It was very good, and I hope it's open again at Thanksgiving!

Disneydol
06-01-2008, 04:47 PM
We finally caught it open last June. It was not a buffet - but counter service as bigbabyblues said.

We really enjoyed the food. Tacos and taco salads were a great change of pace from all the breaded and fried stuff that is so readily available. It was very refreshing in the hot part of the day.

If it is open during your visit, I would imagine it would be on the DDP. But I don't know for sure.

Aggie97
06-01-2008, 05:06 PM
If El Pirata y el Perico is open while you are at WDW, be sure to check the MK Times Guide for its operating hours. It was open one day during a recent trip, but for lunch only. We haven't eaten there in several years but remember enjoying their taco salads. :mickey:

Ropachs
06-01-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm desperate to eat here! It has always been closed when we visit, because we always go during value season. I'm sure it will again be closed this October :(

Magic Smiles
06-01-2008, 07:00 PM
We saw it open for our first time during our visit at the beginning of May, but not every day. Can't remember what days they said it was open either. Thought about eating there but decided not to - guess I didn't feel like Mexican that day.