PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Touring Plans?

Disney Baby
06-01-2008, 10:53 AM
We decided to go to Orlando instead of Vegas with my parents using their timeshare. My immediate family goes to WDW often but only in October, November, and December. We will be in Orlando June 8th to the 14th. Normally, we would be on property with park hoppers for our entire stay. This time, we are going to non-Disney parks - but we are going to MK on the 9th, Epcot on the 11th, and DHS on the 13th. We have never tried to do one park a day and I have no idea how to do this - especially in June. I am traveling with my parents (seniors but very active), my sister, 36, my DH, 34, and my DDs, 6,2, and 2. Our resort is not far - but not on property. How should we schedule these three days at WDW if we do not plan to leave the parks for a break. Should I pay the extra $200 to make them park hoppers? Should we just wing it- since we were just there last October? I am just stressed - because we are usually scheduled including at least one ADR a day and we have nothing scheduled on this trip!

faline
06-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Two years ago, we went on a last-minute weekend trip in early June and stayed off-site. We booked the trip two weeks before we left and had not ADR's in place when we arrived.

We just went with the flow. For that trip, we did have park hoppers but only two park days. We managed to visit three parks in those two days but would have been happy to spend a full day in each of two parks. The only reason we added the third park is that we had not yet had an opportunity to ride Everest so started our day at Animal Kingdom just to take in that ride. We spent the rest of our day in Epcot.

Even without ADR's, we were able to eat lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern (walked up just as they were opening) and at Le Cellier (again walked up just as they were opening).

For this trip, we pretty much spent the entire day in the park, taking in our favorites and not worrying about what we would not be able to get to.

Disney Baby
06-02-2008, 04:45 AM
Thanks for the reply!! I think we will do the same. Just go with the flow and enjoy what we love.