PDA

View Full Version : AKL fridge size?

r4kids
06-01-2008, 09:28 AM
We are planning to do 2 std rooms at AKL in Feb 09. What is the size of the fridge? We were going to have Garden Grocer deliver a few things to us.

On a side note, we used Garden Grocer last time and they were great. Everything was fresh and exactly what we ordered. Highly recommended.

medic9016
06-01-2008, 10:47 AM
If they are the same size we had at WL, it will be a very small dorm size.

KineGirl
06-01-2008, 12:51 PM
If youre in standard rooms they are dorm sized fridges that have a small freezer compartment. You should have no problem storing drinks & fruits in there. And since youre in a standard and cant cook, other than putting ice creams & freezing water bottles in there, I dont think you would have much use for the freezer compartment anyways.

Have fun! Did you get a SV?

r4kids
06-01-2008, 02:13 PM
If youre in standard rooms they are dorm sized fridges that have a small freezer compartment. You should have no problem storing drinks & fruits in there. And since youre in a standard and cant cook, other than putting ice creams & freezing water bottles in there, I dont think you would have much use for the freezer compartment anyways.

Have fun! Did you get a SV?

We did not request the SV rooms. They are to expensive.We are still trying to trade in throught Interval International. We put in our request yeserday for a 2 bedroom at any of the DVC resorts in Jan, Feb or Mar. Until then we will plan on AKL. The AKV are not available for request yet. We are keeping our fingers crossed. :mickey:

KineGirl
06-01-2008, 03:38 PM
We did not request the SV rooms. They are to expensive.We are still trying to trade in throught Interval International. We put in our request yeserday for a 2 bedroom at any of the DVC resorts in Jan, Feb or Mar. Until then we will plan on AKL. The AKV are not available for request yet. We are keeping our fingers crossed. :mickey:

Even if you dont get SV rooms dont worry.. there are several viewing areas while walking through the hallways and outside. You will still have lots of opportunities to see the animals. I wouldnt be surprised though if a 2 br popped up for availability at either OKW or SSR during those months. While the villas are very very nice, Id still be hard pressed to leave AKL - but then thats me and Im not taking into consideration cooking needs, room space or anything. However it turns out, you cant hardly go wrong when staying on WDW property :mickey:

r4kids
06-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Even if you dont get SV rooms dont worry.. there are several viewing areas while walking through the hallways and outside. You will still have lots of opportunities to see the animals. I wouldnt be surprised though if a 2 br popped up for availability at either OKW or SSR during those months. While the villas are very very nice, Id still be hard pressed to leave AKL - but then thats me and Im not taking into consideration cooking needs, room space or anything. However it turns out, you cant hardly go wrong when staying on WDW property :mickey:

OKW or SSR is what we are assuming we will get. It is what we got last time. I try not to look a gift horse in the mouth, so we take what we can get. We still plan to spend 3 nights at AKL in 2 rooms in addition to our week stay in a DVC, total of 10 nights ,11 days. The kids really want to stay here. If it is only 3 nights we'll upgrade to the SV.