PDA

View Full Version : Mama Melrose's -Disney Studios?

minnie-mouse
06-01-2008, 07:23 AM
Do I need a reservation for this restaurant? Also, are the portions a good size. DH & I are looking to get a few items and split them together.

DisneyorBust
06-01-2008, 08:47 AM
ADR's are recommended but walk ups can be had if you time it right.
We found the portions to be generous, especially if you plan to share with each other.
I think that you will enjoy your experience at Mama Melrose's, we sure have.

KineGirl
06-01-2008, 01:06 PM
I am on the other end of the spectrum to the PP and have never had a good experience minus 1at Mamas- and that good experience was over 10 years ago. We have kept trying it over the years because of Fantasmic and the limited amt of restaurants in DHS and have been disappointed each time. I would rather go to Brown Derby but - though I'll probably get flamed for saying this - even that place is ok for the prices. There are a couple of good items on the menu but I can only eat the same thing year after year for so long. I would still recommend it over Mamas anyday. DHS just needs new restaurants or overhauls of whats already there.

elmjimmlm
06-01-2008, 09:42 PM
We made an ADR for our dinner since we were on the DDP...The portions are more than enough for 2 and I thought the food was great...MM doesnt get very good reviews but I would recommend it...:thumbsup:

KylesMom
06-01-2008, 10:03 PM
We have at least two ADRs each trip at Mama Melrose (one lunch/one Fantasmic Dinner Package) - while service has been reported spotty, we've always experienced nothing but the best at this eatery. We've been dining here since 2001 and it's a definite "must do" each vacation.

ADRs are strongly recommended. DH and I both love their Flatbreads, Sausage & Peppers and the Butcher Tender Steak. Their Sangria is to die for as well! :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
06-01-2008, 11:09 PM
I enjoy the food at Mama Melrose. Last summer I had the Chicken Parmigiana and it was delicious :tasty:

brownie
06-03-2008, 10:00 AM
I'd make an ADR if you can. It's been a while since we've eaten there, so I can't help you with the portion sizes. We didn't walk away hungry, though.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-03-2008, 01:12 PM
If you are going to MM get an ADR for the Fantasmic package. You will fing the food ok to good depending on the night. In our many trips the service has not been good. We make the best of it because we do not love any DS TS.

Capt. Sparrow
06-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Mama Melrose has the BEST chicken parm!!! I highely reccomend it! I'm getting hungry thinking about it!

dephenn
06-03-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm in 100% agreement with kinegirl. This is the only place I have ever had a negative experience at during any of my trips to WDW. As far as Italian food goes its only average. It can not compare to any of Boston's North end restaurants. I didn't find the portions big at all. Normally I can't finish what's put on my plate and if I was seated on time and not well over a hour later over my reservation I probably would not have finished my plate there. I love Italian food but will pass on it at the world if thats the best they have. I also found the hostess to be rude.

TheRustyScupper
06-03-2008, 05:55 PM
You will enjoy the food, and the servings are big enough to split.

minnie-mouse
06-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Thanks so much everyone, I think we will go ahead and try it this time.

avantgardeinker
06-06-2008, 10:33 AM
A couple of years ago we walked in without an ADR and were seated in less than 10 minutes. I don't think it's the most popular place to go, but we really enjoyed it.

:mickey:

pianobabe
06-06-2008, 11:02 PM
DS and I tried it a couple of years ago and thought it was okay. DH and I walked up last year to see if they could seat us, but they were booked. This year DH and I have an ADR with the Fantasmic Package.

Maleficent's Dad
06-06-2008, 11:20 PM
A couple of years ago we walked in without an ADR and were seated in less than 10 minutes. I don't think it's the most popular place to go, but we really enjoyed it.
A couple of years ago, the DDP was not nearly as popular as it is now... What I'm trying to say is that Mama Melrose's is no longer an easy place to walk into without an ADR. In fact, the vast majority of TS meals are difficult to get without a ressie.

Polynesian Dweller
06-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Mama Melrose's Chicken Parmagiana is great as stated. Lunch ADRs aren't really needed, because it is a fairly large restaurant and we've never had a problem with walk up for lunch. Dinner, however, is a different matter with Fantasmic bringing a larger crowd so an ADR is good idea for that time.

disneygal4ever
06-11-2008, 02:28 PM
We ate at Mama Melrose one time, about three years ago, and will not eat there again. We didn't care for the food and the service wasn't that great. Just my opinion though; everyone's different!

Gator
06-11-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm hoping the naysayers are wrong. I'm trying it in December for the Fantasmic Package because the Hollywood&Dine food was terrible on my last trip. If it's as good as my experience at SciFi, then I'll be happy.