PDA

View Full Version : Vhs/dvd??

Jeri Lynn
06-01-2008, 07:18 AM
Hi Everyone,
I have an electronic question I hope someone can answer.

I have a bunch of home movies on VHS tapes...
Is there any type of VHS/DVD player that I can buy that would allow me to play the VHS movies and copy them onto a DVD??

I am electronically challenged and have no idea if there is such a thing!

Thanks!

DISNEYLOVERS5
06-01-2008, 07:19 AM
yes

Terra
06-01-2008, 09:36 AM
yes

Errrr....and how would she go about doing that! LOL...:secret::blush:

scootch713
06-01-2008, 11:38 AM
They sell vhs/dvd combo unit. YOu have to buy one where the dvd is recordable.. cost about $200 I would guess.

BrerGnat
06-01-2008, 12:16 PM
I have a Samsung DVD Recorder/VCR player combo.

In addition to being able to transfer VHS to DVD, you can also record tv shows onto DVD. :thumbsup:

With the unit I have, you simply put in the VHS tape as well as a blank DVD-R disc. There is a simple "copy" button on the player and that's all you have to do. It's super easy!

My player cost about $169. You can get them at Costco, any electronics store, or online. I'd not spend more than $200 on something like this.

Some brands are more copyright sensitive than others, from reviews I've read, so you may run into problems depending on what you want to record. Do some online searches to find what would be best for your needs.

From my research, Samsung units are not very copyright sensitive, whereas Sony and Panasonic units are.

Speedy1998
06-01-2008, 06:47 PM
For the most part you can only purchase combo units now. It near impossible to find a VHS only unit anymore.

BrerGnat
06-01-2008, 08:01 PM
For the most part you can only purchase combo units now. It near impossible to find a VHS only unit anymore.

That's true, but all combos are NOT DVD Recorders. Some are just dvd players and VCR's combined. If you want to transfer VHS content to digital, you need a recorder.

Nate's Grandpa
06-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Wal Mart has a combo unit that will copy DVD to VHS or VHS to DVD for about $149.00.
This unit has no tuner, so to record a TV show you will need a cable box.

They have a unit with tuner for $169.00.

DisneyDog
06-02-2008, 01:06 PM
We have one (actually, we are now on our second) and it works great. We put our wedding video on DVD, and all of our home movies.