PDA

View Full Version : How far in advance can you book a package?

iadarolas
05-31-2008, 10:22 PM
We are planning a trip for May 2009. We are a family of four traveling with another family of three and are hoping to book a two bedroom villa at either BC or BW. We are not DVC members (yet anyway!) How far in advance will I be able to book if I call Disney directly? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!:mickey:

Mousemates
05-31-2008, 11:48 PM
This is not my area of expertise, but the following answers I got on a similar thread about 2009 rates provided this information to me...hope its helpful to your situation.

from Finiamh: You can look for package rates to come out around July-ish. You can book room only rates up to 499 days out from the last day of your trip(the day you leave the World to go home).

from Strmchser: End of July or first couple of weeks of August is the general pattern. If you want, you can always book room only now, as mentioned above, through Magical Journeys, then they can get it converted to a package when rates are released

iadarolas
06-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Thank you. I'm mostly concerned because I heard that the BW and BC villas book up very fast. I am actually surprised that Disney will allow them to be booked by non-DVC members. If I were a member and couldn't get a reservation because non-DVC members were booking, I might be very unhappy. I am however happy that they are available to us for rental. The extra space will be nice. When our two children were younger a room with two Queens was great but now that they are teenagers (13 & 14) it seems very crowded in one room. We stayed last year at the Swan and the rooms are good size but it will be nice to retire to a private bed room at night. I think that this area of Disney is the best with being able to walk to two parks and having the entertainment on the BW also. Does anyone know if renting DVC points from a member would be cheaper than booking a package with Disney with a villa? I did find a web-site that you could by DVC points for $13 per point. I am a little hesitant to trust someone over the web. Any advice?