PDA

View Full Version : Paige O' Hara a.k.a Belle singing voice

Blue Genie
05-31-2008, 10:04 PM
I just got tonight a new Disney Princess CD with the song "If You Can Dream" and it sounds like Paige O' Hara the lady who did Belle voice and singing has change send she did Beauty and the Beast it sound more deeper then it was then. I which there was a way I can send u guys this song for you can here the part were Paige sings as Belle the words go like this.

"It is a tale as old as time
There's no mountain we can't climb
When you're finally mine
And just a kiss away"

Then after the chorus Paige sings this part.

"So the story goes
Never die the rose"

This is what the CD looks like

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Disney%20Collection/PrincessCD.jpg

From the back of it, it was done in 2004 so I don't know if it still around. I got my from Toys R Us today. There is other songs from other Disney Princess movies and The Lion King. But if there was a way I could put this up so u can hear the song and Pagie sing it. It also has Jody Benson a.k.a. Ariel, Lea Salonga song voice for Jasmine and Mulan, Judy Kuhn a.k.a. Pocahantas and who ever did the singing for Cinderella and Princess Aurora. But tell you the truth when they all sing at same time u can hear Jody Benson the most out of all of them.

What I'm just getting at I just think Pagie's voice has change big time.

wizardmickey
05-31-2008, 11:46 PM
It's not really all that surprsising dude.
28 years ago, I was capable of singing some super high-Freddie Mercury level notes, even some AC/DC-old Motley Crue stuff, but now, my voice has changed a little. I can still nail "some" higher notes like Brian Wilson or even the Nazareth song "Love Hurts", but not quite as easily as I used to. We even tune our instruments down half a step to D# instead of staying on standard pitch!
If you ever listened to early Poison and then listened to them now, or even Def Leppard, you'll notice those guys also start singing lower with time.
So it is probably Paige, and her voice probably has started to "age" a little... that's not a bad thing though as long as she's still in tune!

Blue Genie
05-31-2008, 11:46 PM
So does anyone know if Paige's voice has change or what. So far I haven't got any answer to this.

Blue Genie
05-31-2008, 11:49 PM
Ice let me try and send u that song for u can tell. Just remember the part she sings on there which I title.

wizardmickey
05-31-2008, 11:49 PM
Blue Genie: So does anyone know if Paige's voice has change or what. So far I haven't got any answer to this.
Huh???
I guess my word bubbles aren't working... just like on VFK???

Blue Genie
06-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Huh???
I guess my word bubbles aren't working... just like on VFK???

If you look at the time from your post ice and my it is the same time. Anyways the song i just send to u.

wizardmickey
06-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Yeah.... looks like we were typing over each other - LoL!!! Gues there needs to be a "time out for typing too fast" on Intercot!!!
I'll keep an eye out for that song...

wizardmickey
06-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Got the song and gave it 2 listens...
It does song like her... she had a certain inflection/way of ennunciating words that was sort of unique in my mind, and even though she's singing deeper (there were some other parts of the song that I think might have been her as well) I think it's her.
The song seems to be in a "lower key" or deeper range than what I'm used to hearing for Disney/Princess type songs, so maybe it was written/arranged in order to accomodate all of the singers vocal ranges?

Blue Genie
06-01-2008, 12:51 AM
aww I see well thx for your info. A pretty song don't u think.

wizardmickey
06-01-2008, 01:00 AM
It's very nice.
I was listening to it the second time when Lady Ice walked in the room and wondered what it was... told her and she just kinda grinned.... something about us grown men listening to Princesses singing made her laugh I guess!

Blue Genie
06-01-2008, 01:05 AM
heehee:D i bet if johnny a.k.a. Jack Sparrow sing she would do the same.

wizardmickey
06-01-2008, 01:25 AM
Hmmmm.... but why would she want Mr. Depp crooning to her when she has me? I mean really? I'm sure I've got a better singing voice...
Oh, but he is slightly nicer to llok at than I am.
I see where you're going now!

TinkRocks
06-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Genie - got some information for ya!

CLICK HERE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_You_Can_Dream) for details on the song. Lyrics are as follows -

If You Can Dream

Ariel: There is a world where hope and dreams can last for all time.
........A wondrous place to go... you'll know it when your heart finds...

Jasmine: Hearing our song as old as rhyme. Hold my hand, we're gonna fly.
............What a magic ride... and just a kiss away.

All (Jasmine Leading): If you can dream the wish we're making... on a star is comin' true.

Pocahontas: The colors of the wind will lead my heart right back to you.

All (Mulan Leading): 'Cause if you can dream, reflections in a diamond sky

Mulan: come shinin' on through.

Aurora: Romance will always be so new;
..........and love will save the day, if you can dream.

Cinderella: Some day my prince will come, it's certain as the sunrise.
...............One day the slipper fits, then you see the love in his eyes.

Belle: It's a tale as old as time. There's no mountain we can't climb,
........when you're finally mine and just a kiss away.

All (Aurora Leading): If you can dream the wish we're making... on a star is comin' true

All (Ariel Leading): 'Cause if you can dream, reflections in a diamond sky

Ariel: come shinin' on through.

Mulan: Romance will always be so new and love will save the day if you can dream.

Belle: So the story goes, never die the rose.

Jasmine: There's a whole new world waiting there for us,

All (Jasmine Leading): waiting just for us!

All (Cinderella Leading): If you can dream the wish we're making... on a star is comin' true.

All (Mulan Leading): 'Cause if you can dream,
..........................reflections in a diamond sky come shinin' on through.

Ariel: Romance will always be so new...

Jasmine: and love will save the day.

All (Jasmine Leading): Oh, love will save the day if you can dream.

Jasmine: You can dream.

TinkRocks
06-01-2008, 04:53 PM
heehee:D i bet if johnny a.k.a. Jack Sparrow sing she would do the same.

Johnny sang in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. He did a great job, if you ask me...

Hmmmm.... but why would she want Mr. Depp crooning to her when she has me? I mean really? I'm sure I've got a better singing voice...

Ice - maybe you and Johnny should swap notes. After all - you look good as a pirate and he can sing!

Blue Genie
06-01-2008, 07:13 PM
I saw the link and viedo Doc. But to me I think Jody Benson really takes over all the chours in this song. U hear her more then the others.

wizardmickey
06-01-2008, 08:03 PM
TinkRocks Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Genie
heehee i bet if johnny a.k.a. Jack Sparrow sing she would do the same.
Johnny sang in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. He did a great job, if you ask me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardmickey
Ice - maybe you and Johnny should swap notes. After all - you look good as a pirate and he can sing!
Y'know, I guess I forgot about Sweeney Todd (especially since I haven't seen it yet... But I DO want to!!!) Didn't he also sing in the Corpse Bride?
Are ya saying I make a better Pirate than Johnny, and Johnny is a better singer than Ice? Now ain't that a funny twist of fate!!! Guess the 2 of us better get to swapping notes if either of us are gonna be succesful at our chosen carreers!!

TinkRocks
06-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Y'know, I guess I forgot about Sweeney Todd (especially since I haven't seen it yet... But I DO want to!!!) Didn't he also sing in the Corpse Bride?
Are ya saying I make a better Pirate than Johnny, and Johnny is a better singer than Ice? Now ain't that a funny twist of fate!!! Guess the 2 of us better get to swapping notes if either of us are gonna be succesful at our chosen carreers!!

Not saying that at all - just mentioning that you have both dabbled in each others careers... ;)

wizardmickey
06-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Ah, but I do make a lovely Pirate! And, from what I remember, he does have a lovely voice!

I'm hoping we get a Halloween gig this year since I won't be travelling... I'm trying to convince the guys that if we do we should all wear costumes... It has already been determined I will be going as a Pirate - eye liner and all!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-01-2008, 10:37 PM

I second that! ^_^ Not only can he act, he can sing too :D