PDA

View Full Version : When does Disney send the confirmation?

SFTrny
05-31-2008, 05:56 PM
I remember from previous trips that it somtimes takes months to get the computerized printout confirming your reservations. We booked our trip in Feb, and received the colorful flyer...but we haven't received the computerized form with the details on it yet. Our trip is in November. When should we expect it?

medic9016
05-31-2008, 06:44 PM
We got ours about 3 weeks before we left. I think they send them out after the trip is paid in full. Packages have until 45 days out to make complete payments.

Aggie97
05-31-2008, 07:26 PM
For our past several trips we have received confirmation e-mail messages rather than hard copies. These were room-only reservations. I am unsure whether the process is different for packages. :mickey:

Beast_fanatic
05-31-2008, 11:30 PM
For room only, the email confirmation is sent shortly after the deposit is received.

For packages, the paperwork isn't mailed until after the final payment is due which is at 45 days prior to the trip, so it is usually not received until a month or so prior (and it takes slightly longer to receive it if you booked through a travel agency as it goes to them first).

JPL
05-31-2008, 11:57 PM
The last few times I booked room only I never received a confirmation in the mail. I was told by CRO they no longer send out room only confirmations. However everytime I book room only through Magical Jouneys I receive a confirmation.

Polynesian Dweller
06-01-2008, 12:22 AM
I always get an email confirmation within hours of making my reservation through Disney, including the one done a couple of months back. They will also fax a confirmation if you don't have email. But snail mail seems to be gone which is Ok.

Edited to add: Do you have an anti-spam mail service or software? The Disney email comes from disneyonline.com. Make sure that's not being blocked somehow.

SFTrny
06-01-2008, 08:24 AM
I made the final payment yesterday, so we'll see how long it takes. Thanks everyone!