PDA

View Full Version : Help a Teacher out...

forbella
05-31-2008, 03:02 PM
It's SUMMER time and for a fleeting seven days I and my family will:joy: (knock on wood- why seven, most teachers work during the summer) make our annual pilgramege to DW:mickey:. For the past three years, we've stayed at the POP and we enjoyed it, no complaints- but each year we make sure to do the Spirit of Aloha luau at the POLY and we are whisked away to the tropics in our brief walk from the lobby to the luau...always saying, one day...one day we'll stay here. Well, my wife and I think this might just be the year:mickey: (knock on more wood). But I wanted to ask all my brothers and sisters at Intercot :rocks:that have had the pleasure of staying at the POLY which room would give us a great view of the Magic Kingdom (actually more of the evenings fireworks show and lagoon show)? Is there such a room and are all the rooms upgraded with flat panel TVs? We'll be looking to head out the lat week of July, and stay on until the first week of August- then it's back to school for the 2008-2009 school year (a different kinda theme park atmosphere). :secret:

SBETigg
05-31-2008, 03:19 PM
You want to book it as Magic Kingdom view, and it will cost more than your average Lagoon view for the MK view upgrade. But, I have to add that Poly is really enjoyable even with a garden view room, and less expensive. You can spend a lot of time at the beach and pools, so you have to decide if the cost of upgrading view is really worth it to you (it does make for an extra special trip!) and if they will be available at this late booking date. People book those rooms a year in advance specifically for the view, but there are often rooms available.

I believe all Poly rooms now have been updated with the new decor and flat panel TVs, yes. Enjoy!

mrsgaribaldi
06-01-2008, 01:14 PM
We stayed at the Polynesian, once, in Jan 2007 without a MK view. We stayed at the Contemporary once, in Nov 2006, with the MK view. Hands down we loved the Polynesian better. Truthfully, we were never in the room to enjoy the view or the fireworks at night, we were always out in the parks. At the Poly, we stayed in the Tokelau building and I highly recommend it. It was close to everything. Our room had a nice balcony that overlooked the walkways and some vegetation. For us, the extra money for the view is just not worth it. We did it in 2006 for Dh's 40th birthday but I don't think I would ever pay for it again.