PDA

View Full Version : Pi ?

Dyanna
05-31-2008, 02:25 PM
I have not been to PI in many years. WE will be going back to the world in Nov & heading to DTD one evening for dinner. Will we be able to walk thru PI with our kids or is there still an entrance fee? We dont plan on going into any of the clubs just wanted to walk thru on our way to the West Side.

wendy*darling
06-01-2008, 12:15 PM
There is no entrance fee.
You can walk from the West Side to the Marketplace anytime of the day.

allentownguy
07-09-2008, 04:20 AM
just in case you have not read about this pi is closing the end of sept... i have not read if guests will be able to walk through or if you will have to walk around it. pi has allways been one of my top three thing to do. i dont know what i am going to do to replace one of my favs... maybe its time to start going to the board walk.

anyway westside and market place are the still the best places to shop it.

have fun on your trip:mickey:

BMan62
07-09-2008, 08:09 AM
The clubs on PI are all closing as of Sept. 28th. Some of the shops will still be open - Curls by Sammy Duvall, Sosa Cigars, Raglan Road, HD of Orlando, etc. - so you will still be able to walk through to get from Marketplace to Westside.

PrincessCandaceMarie
07-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Get there before its gone and take some pictures because it will never be the same:(

jonahbear2006
07-10-2008, 02:22 PM
I am not really sure what there is to do there. Can someone elaborate on what PI is and has to offer? I thought that was all just clubs for adults.

bruin1344
07-10-2008, 03:10 PM
There are different clubs to suit adult tastes:

Comedy Show (Comedy Warehouse)
70s Music (8Trax)
Dance Music (Mannequins)
Todays Pop & Hip Hop (Motion & BET)
Rock N Roll (Rock n Roll Beach Club)
Irish Pub (Ranglin Road)
Adventurers Club (dont know how to describe it, never lasted more than 5 minutes in it but its a fan favorite of people on intercot)

wendy*darling
07-12-2008, 09:24 AM
I thought that was all just clubs for adults.
That is what PI was created to be.
It was a gated and ticketed entrance, and was full of clubs for adults.
They used to have live bands performing on the outdoor stages and fireworks every night at midnight. Both of those features were removed several years ago.
And then a couple of years ago, they took away the gate and just charged admission to the clubs.
Many people think PI went downhill at that point, since it was no longer a place for the adult crowd to enjoy the evening. It became a hang-out for local and vacationing teenagers. And since they were not old enough to enter the clubs, they just hung out in the "streets" of PI.
I know I never cared to go back after the gates were removed.

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing what they have "re-imagineered" for this space.