PDA

View Full Version : Post Office Rant

JPL
05-31-2008, 01:54 PM
I Live on Avenue E I constantly get letters with the same house number but for Avenue C. I also receive letters with note written on them saying this goes to Avenue E not C. Today I was out and happened to receive a letter yesterday for Avenue C so I decided to stop by the Post Office and let them know about this constant problem. Their answer and I quote "well C's and E's look a like" :confused: my 3 year old nieces can tell the difference between C and E why can't the Post Office :mad: Make me wonder what happens to the some of the stuff I order and never receive.

chrisb26
05-31-2008, 02:05 PM
I can't believe they would really use that as an excuse. I mean its true they sometimes look alike but I think its pretty easy to tell the difference even if its lower case e c look no line in the middle see how easy that is.

I too have a similar problem sometimes. We live at a dead end street however before there is a dead end there is a cross street with 2 dead ends my street address is 1911 and the cross road has another 1911 we live about 6 houses apart and we get each others mail a lot. It's very frustrating especially since they are not even the same street name.

terri.m
05-31-2008, 03:42 PM
Well that explains why i had such a difficult time sending you two stuff!!!

TinkRocks
05-31-2008, 04:39 PM
You'd think the Post Office would use a bit of common sense - if they are unsure of the correct address, why not check the name???

sardanem
05-31-2008, 05:52 PM
Not to stick up for the Post office since it just gave my husband, an employee of 16 years a $6,000 a year paycut, but it puts dinner on my table and is allowing us to go to Disney in August. A lot of the mail, if not most, is coming to the carriers already sorted by machines. All the carriers do is take it now and deliver it. They don't even look at the names on the envelopes. I know that a 2 year old can tell the difference between a C and an E, but maybe a machine has trouble reading it depending on how some people write. In the future it will only get worse as the PO tries to do away with people doing the job and having machines do more. Good luck fighting it. We have the worst mail carrier around and my DH will go to our PO -he works in another city, and throw all kinds of code violations to the postmaster and he just looks at us like we are crazy.

Lisa

gerald72
05-31-2008, 07:04 PM
I oftcn havc difieulty tclling thc diffcrcnec bctwccn Es and Cs. Thcy look vcry much alikc. I ean scc whcrc thc post offiec might eonfusc thc two.

dizneyfreek
05-31-2008, 08:09 PM
Yes, machines do sort most of the mail and carriers don't see the letters until they are delivering them on the street BUT they do have eyes and they are the last ones to touch the mail before their customers do. Stop blaming machines for this mistake. I was a carrier for 8 years and never had customers complain of mistakes!!

disneymom15
05-31-2008, 08:10 PM
Love your response Gerald 72. Very amusing.

dizneyfreek
05-31-2008, 08:12 PM
Yes, machines do sort most of the mail and carriers don't see the letters until they are delivering them on the street BUT they do have eyes and they are the last ones to touch the mail before their customers do. Stop blaming machines for this mistake. I was a carrier for 8 years and never had customers complain of mistakes!!
Sardanem, sounds like your husband is a rural carrier??

Patricia
05-31-2008, 08:40 PM
I oftcn havc difieulty tclling thc diffcrcnec bctwccn Es and Cs. Thcy look vcry much alikc. I ean scc whcrc thc post offiec might eonfusc thc two.

:funny: :funny: :funny:

JPL
05-31-2008, 08:49 PM
I know that a 2 year old can tell the difference between a C and an E, but maybe a machine has trouble reading it depending on how some people write.

These were typed C's & E's just like you are seing here. I would be a little more forgiving if they were handwritten but when I have to pay a late fee on bill because the machine and or mailman can't read it's extremely annoying :mad:

RenDuran
06-01-2008, 11:27 AM

How long did that takc you to figurc out? You'rc funny!