PDA

View Full Version : Trying to decide.....

r4kids
05-31-2008, 07:57 AM
We would very much like to stay in AKL. However as a family of 6 this can be very expensive. We are currently trying to decide the best route to go. 2 std rooms @ WL, AKL, Poly, or POFQ. Or do we go for a 2 bedroom ( more than we need). Do we rent points and try our luck? We are trying to get in to Disney through Interval International. I may not get the dates I want though so I almost feel like paying OOP for the hotel. Anyway I am trying to figure out how much of a room discount they give in Feb during "value" season promotion. Anyone know????

mrsgaribaldi
06-03-2008, 01:57 PM
I don't know, I'm hoping someone else will help you. We go alot of times in early Feb and I think we've gotten an AP holder room rate.

RedSoxFan
06-03-2008, 02:02 PM
We are a family of six also. Both times we went to WDW, we got two rooms: once at POFQ and once at AKL. It works out well for us; esp with two bathrooms. But for this upcoming trip; it will be just the four of us as DS20 and DS18 will be in college. That means just one room at POFQ. It will be different without them; but a lot cheaper!!

princessesmom
06-03-2008, 04:39 PM
We are also a family of 6. We stay in a cabin in FW. We'll be there this February, but it will be peak season for us, and this will be our 4'th time staying there. My children are dd13; dd11; ds7; and dd4. We can put the four of them in the back bedroom and my husband and I take the murphy bed in the LR. It is very nice having a kitchen. We don't cook meals, but we stock breakfast stuff, snacks, and drinks. Most mornings we eat breakfast in the cabin, which saves a ton of time and money.

I thought about staying at WL this time, because I love the resort. But we would have to get two rooms or a suite, both of which are double the price of a cabin. I couldn't justify spending that much more money. I figure the money saved is going into the college accounts and I'll be happy I made that decision in 5 years when my oldest is off to college!

There are many options, this happens to work well for us.

Sneaky Pete
06-04-2008, 12:11 AM
is something that you should probably consider. Our family of 6 has basically adopted FW as our new resort because it seems to make the most sense.