PDA

View Full Version : The Perron Family lost and found trip. May 16-26

DisneyWhirled
05-30-2008, 11:11 PM
We lost a lot and found some stuff, too… including a few extra pounds!!

Starring…
Me: Karen (34)-UDF (Ultimate Disney Fan)

DH: John (38)-puts up with this UDF and secretly loves Disney, too!

DS: Colby (9)-just turned 9 and loves the big rides, now.

DD: Kaylee (5)-just adorable and loves everyone

10 Magical Nights at Disney’s Boardwalk Villa’s

Meeting up with dolphinmickey9170 (Kristen) and her family, DH Ben, DD Katy and DGD Keara.

I have been trying to figure out what type of trip report to write. I wanted it to be entertaining, informative, a fun read and to include pics. As stated previously (and above) we met up with dolphinmickey9170 (Kristen) and her family. We were able to spend some wonderful time with our new Intercot friends and are looking to planning and taking another trip with them soon. Kristen provided Intercot with a fabulous trip report which included much of the time we spent with them, so as opposed to boring you with my version, I thought I would just highlight some moments of our trip. I hope you enjoy!

Our arrival was celebrated by “Erving” our “Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy” Magical Express driver. “One, two, three, quattro”…off we went. He made the ride to the resort fun and comical. He pulled some cute antics, like stalling the bus and having everyone shout “abrakadabra” to start it again. He made sure that we knew that gratuities were gladly accepted. Although we didn’t have any bags for him to get for us, we did tip him, because the antics put some magic into the start of our trip.

We had booked a studio at @ BWV (http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=219567858/PictureID=5114876296/a=34616529_34616529/t_=34616529). They gave us room #3061, which was just off the elevators as I requested and had a semi-boardwalk view (http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=219567858/PictureID=5019857104/a=34616529_34616529/t_=34616529), which was a pleasant surprise for us. We were able to check in early @ 2pm and be on our way to DTD. This was our first stay at BWV and we loved every moment of it. Concierge was able to combine our 10 day passes to our room key, so that we only had one card to worry about, that was so convenient.

La Nouba (http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=219567858/PictureID=5018415988/a=34616529_34616529/t_=34616529)was the first item on our itinerary. The gymnasts were phenomenal and our kids were amazed (I had hoped the show would hold their interest). I won’t spoil it for any of you that have not seen the show yet, but I found some things very strange. For those of you who have seen it, what was with the guy in the wrestling suit? All I could think was Quasimodo…and not the cute one from Disney’s Hunchback :blush:

I could not wait to get to the Magic Kingdom, and my favorite place in the world, Main Street USA. I love the smells that are piped in, the shops and especially the Good Morning Main Street show. “I’m walking right down the middle of Main Street USAAA”…sorry, I digress. I love to get breakfast at the Main Street Bakery and sit on the curb and people watch while we eat. It is just gives me goose bumps!

Characters….Over the course of our many trips we have seen all of the traditional characters, so when we come to Disney, we are looking for the obscure characters. We were hoping that we might meet Wall-E at DHS, or maybe even Giselle, but alas, they were non-existent. Colby was pleased as punch when we got to meet Sorcerer Mickey (http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=219567858/PictureID=5018422600/a=34616529_34616529/t_=34616529)at DHS, as that is what he was for Halloween. He was bashful to tell Mickey that, so mom filled in all the details. Mickey asked us if Colby had the robe, gloves, hat, belt and shoes that he did. We said “yes” to most of it, he was pleased and gave us a thumbs up. I should have brought a picture with me! We also got to meet Prince Caspian (http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=219567858/PictureID=5020871005/a=34616529_34616529/t_=34616529)at DHS. Belle (http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=219567858/PictureID=5019851787/a=34616529_34616529/t_=34616529) told us to tell Jasmine “tag”, but unfortunately we never saw her. So, if you see Jasmine, be sure to say that Belle said “Tag”.

WDW is huge!!! Now, we have been there many, many times, but you really can’t comprehend this until you try to find something that you have lost…even when you know where you lost it! Here is where the “Lost” comes in. DH left our brand new cooler on a bus from DHS to the Poly. We didn’t realize that he had left it until after our meal. Off to concierge we went and they called lost and found. It hadn’t been located at that time, so we gave them our room and phone number to call if it was found. Kristen gave us some pixie dust, and John had a good feeling about it being located but nonetheless, we would be out of a cooler until (or if) it would be found. This was on Saturday. By Monday, when we hadn’t heard, we called BWV concierge and they gave us the phone number to Central Lost and Found. Pixie dust was in the air, because it had been turned in! We made our way over to the TTC to pick it up. It was one of two trips we would make there this trip. Later in the trip, as we were coming off of Dinosaur, Colby realized that he left his brand new Phineas and Ferb hat in the pouch in front of him. Unfortunately, the hat was never located, despite a few calls and a visit to L&F. On the last day, Colby lost his sunglasses, unfortunately, also never to be found again.

Next installment...the food!

kakn7294
05-31-2008, 10:02 AM
We've had that same bus driver - he is quite entertaining! I love Main Street too - I usually get a bit misty the first time we walk under the railroad station each trip. Thanks for sharing the pics. Megan and Kaylee have the same Jasmine shirt and I'll bet Kaylee was a bit disappointed that she didn't see Jasmine this trip. Sorry you lost all that stuff - at least you got the cooler back!

dolphinmickey9170
05-31-2008, 03:04 PM
Karen, I did not realize Colby lost his glasses as well. Next time we will have to bunjee stuff to his belt loops:blush:.

I wonder what Jasmine would have said if we had seen her and told her "tag." We'll have to find out next time.

As for the Main Street Show, I did get it on video. I'll try to post it here, but I'll have to ask Katy to help. She being all technical.

tinkerbell04
06-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Thanks for sharing, I am sorry about your lost items :) But, it sounds like a great trip.

BluewaterBrad
06-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Good idea on your report! I have enjoyed your friends reports also.:mickey:

faline
06-01-2008, 03:17 PM
We, too, have made that trip to Lost & Found! Glad you got your cooler back even if the other items weren't found!

ChipnDaleGal
06-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Nice that you were at least able to get your cooler back. I really need to get to see La Nouba again. Thanks for reporting.:mickey:

castlelady36
06-03-2008, 09:43 AM
We have lost various things over the years as well...the worst?...we managed to lose 3 water spray fans in 2 days....same DD lost all 3....lol...oh well we were still in WDW so that is all that mattered!! Sounds like you had a great time!!

MauiMouse
06-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Sorry that you had to visit lost & found, glad that at least one item was found.

Your room location looks fabulous. :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
06-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Young@Heart
06-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the report. Sorry about the lost stuff. :( I lost my camera and wallet last trip, but was lucky enough to have them both returned. It certainly was difficult to track them down, though!

Darbylew
06-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Enjoyed reading about your trip. Sorry about
your lost stuff. I left my hat on the boat that
runs between Epcot and DIsney's Studios. It was not turned in but when I got home I found
another one just like it to buy so I am all set
for my next trip. :mickey::D

vizsla
06-09-2008, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the report.

FUN
06-09-2008, 10:08 AM
thanks for the report

wdwgrl377
06-09-2008, 05:40 PM
So glad you found your cooler! Thanks for the report! :mickey: