PDA

View Full Version : disney dining experience

mscarls
05-30-2008, 10:09 PM
does anyone know if you can purchase the disney dining experience & still use your annual pass for a discount on the hotel? From what we have read, we are confused. we were looking into the disney dining plan & that one made it sound as though you would not be able to use both. now we are looking into the dining "experience". We use the mousesaver discounts for annual passholders for the hotel. any suggestions would be great!

Crow
05-31-2008, 12:22 AM
you can buy the DDE an an AP holder for a discount. It doesnt have anything to do w your resort. It is only available to Fl residents & AP holders. I like it cause its 20% off food & :beer::marg:
On my trip in Sept, I have the free dining for 4 nights which involves the DDP. on my other meals i will use the DDE.
the DDP lets you have an entree & dessert. I have read now that you can use the DDE discount on other parts of your meal that the DDP doesnt cover such as appetizers & :beer::marg:.
You have to stay at a Disney resort for the DDP

Natazu
05-31-2008, 02:34 AM
The DDE won't impact your room rate/room discount. You can use the DDP only if you are on a package that includes your room but I don't think you can apply a AP/AAA discount. The best way to get the absolute lowest price for your trip would be to email the Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/) ladies. They are amazing and know about all the discounts.

mscarls
06-01-2008, 10:43 AM
thank you so much for the Magical Journey site! I have already been in touch with Kathy, who has agreed to help us out! thank you so much!!!

Crow
06-01-2008, 01:03 PM
MJ is great:number1: Ive used them for a lot of my trips.
& Im looking forward to being able to use my DDE on the parts of my meals not covered by free DDP in Sept

sillyolbear
06-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Magical Journeys will certainly take care of you--they are simply the best.

We also have nothing but good things to say about DDE. Our third year using it and it has more than paid for itself early on in each year.