PDA

View Full Version : Tony's restaurant

DNS
05-30-2008, 06:41 PM
What does everyone think of Tony's at the MK? We have started to eat there a few times and something always gets us side-tracked. This time I'm thinking of making an ADR shortly before the Christmas party for our upcoming trip.
I would really like opinions on this restaurant. Is the food good? Does it really make you feel a part of Lady and the Tramp? Anything would be helpful.
Thanks

KineGirl
05-30-2008, 06:51 PM
I really really used to dislike Tonys HOWEVER on my last trip it was the only ADR available one night so we took it & were very pleasantly surprised! We had dishes like seafood diablo and tomatos w/mozzarella and they were delicious. I found out that they have a new chef and had gone through a menu overhaul - it seemed to work! Still not the best Italian food I ever had but it was a far FAR cry from what it had been. Not to mention the ambiance is neat, the waitstaff does cute things for birthdays and anniversary and your not knocking elbows with the ppl at the table next to you!

I say give it a try! Its def better than Mamas at DHS which I ate at the same trip :sick:

Mousemates
05-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Iit was the only ADR available one night so we took it & were very pleasantly surprised! We had dishes like seafood diablo and tomatos w/mozzarella and they were delicious. I found out that they have a new chef and had gone through a menu overhaul - it seemed to work!

Glad to hear that...we've got ADRs there in late June...for whatever reasons we've never been there before either DNS.

MickeyMousse
05-30-2008, 07:04 PM
We had never tried Tony's and I am a big Lady/Tramp fan, so we went back in 2002. My oldest DS loved their pizza, my DH enjoyed their lasagna but I was not impressed with their eggplant. :( Dessert was excellent (cannoli's) and the Mickey confetti was a real treat for our boys.

I would recommend that you give it a try. We always planned to go back, we just get side tracked!! Someday we will!

kelly.garrett
05-30-2008, 07:14 PM
I don't care for Tony's. The seating seemed very crowded to me, but I suppose many restaurants at WDW are like that. I ordered the spaghetti and meatballs, and I didn't like it at all. It was way too plain for me. Unlike a previous poster, I like Mama Melrose's better. Having said that, I've only had their chicken parmigiana, and I order it every trip. I also like the atmosphere better there.

Natazu
05-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Canned Italian food. The atmosphere is neat if you like Lady and the Tramp but there are much better places to get Italian. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying the food here is bad. It’s just another “we’re stuck in a park and have to eat” place.

#1donaldfan
05-30-2008, 08:00 PM
We love Tony's and since our 2nd family trip it's become our yearly tradition......the food is very good and the atmospher is awesome....:mickey:

Friend of Figment
05-30-2008, 08:48 PM
I really like Tony's and it's perfect before MVMCP. If you aim to be done about 7, you'll walk out into the snow falling on Main Street.

kakn7294
05-31-2008, 01:16 PM
We went in August last year and were pleasantly surprised. We were seated outside on the patio overlooking Main Street which upset me at first but turned out to be great. We got to watch all the people coming in for the night's P&PP and there are fans that kept a nice breeze blowing. The food was surprisingly good, especially since we were so disappointed in it last time we had been there. It was one of the more enjoyable meals of our trip.

jillluvsdisney
05-31-2008, 01:33 PM
I've 3 very enjoyable meals there during my last few trips. The place gets ripped a lot here on INTERCOT but I have always had a good time there. All the food we had was good.

katzctkpt
06-02-2008, 12:24 AM
We love the Meatball Sub. It is soooo good. We've also had the Grilled Italian Panini it's a :thumbsup:.

elmjimmlm
06-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Be sure to have your picture taken in front of the Lady and the Tramp fountain...:mickey:

DNS
06-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks everyone for your opinions! I'm convinced. I'm going to try to get an ADR for 6:00 or 6:15 the night of our Christmas party. We love Lady and the Tramp, so this should be a great way to start off the evening. :cloud9: