PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP with preschooler

Mudgirl930
05-30-2008, 09:40 AM
Hi We are going down to WDW Nov.24th thru Dec.2nd and I was thinking about trying MVMCP on Nov.30th, my question is it it worth it for a 5 year old? I am afraid that he will be too tired to really enjoy it and he is a little on the small side(think size of a three year old) so any height restricted rides are out of the question for him.Is there enough for him to do? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

MsMin
05-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Years and years ago when my kids were that age we used to go in Dec and go to the performance at what is now DTD and it was the highlight of our trip. The shows are great and now in the park,the parade, special wishes, snow on Main street. I think the atmosphere is great. Don't forget too the special pics w/ photopass all the MVMCP add-ons are super and add to the memories. :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
05-30-2008, 10:07 AM
We took a 2 year old 2 years ago and he had a blast. I know every kid is diffrent but he took a good nap before we went and he lasted all night.

faline
05-30-2008, 10:26 AM
I rarely get to ride any of the rides when I attend this event, We're too busy with the stage shows, parade, and fireworks to get to the rides!

Even if you do plan on getting on the rides, there'll be plenty open for your 5 year old to enjoy.

I do find, though, that most families with young children leave right after the fireworks. That means the early part of the evening is the most crowded and the second part of the evening is very manageable!

Fryguy
05-30-2008, 11:00 AM
We have taken our sons this event when they where 2 and 5 and they enjoyed every minute of it. There is plenty for them to see and do!

d_m_n_n
05-30-2008, 11:17 AM
We've been twice with preschoolers/toddlers to MVMCP. We would take it easy during the day so they would be ready for a late night. Even though it is a late evening, they never got tired at the park. But as soon as we were on the boat back to the resort they would :sleepin:.

Mudgirl930
06-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Thank You so much for the input. I am going to get him a ticket and if need be I'll have my mom meet me out front if he gets tired before the rest of the crew.I am really excited as this is our first MVMCP!