PDA

View Full Version : Final Thoughts: Princess Katy and Pirate Stephen

svarhall07
05-30-2008, 02:44 AM
Final Thoughts
This was my 12th visit to the world, but my first by myself without my family or friends family. I’m only 20 years old, so I’m quite proud that I planned the entire trip by myself. I had each day relatively planned out, and I think that helped so much. I planned each day around the EMH, even though that’s not what most people do. I didn’t want to go to Magic Kingdom if that is where everyone else was going to be, so we planned so as not to hit the EMH. Crowds were very low. We never waited more than 30 minutes for a ride, and that was long. I didn’t know about the Disney Dinning Plan, and so we didn’t have it when we went. We had two table service reservations each day, and ate many snacks and a counter service each day. I spent an average of $30 each meal per person, with about $85 a day on food per person. We would have benefitted from the DDP, and next time will definitely purchase it. Also, we didn’t have time to go to a water park. Next time, I will definitely spend 7 nights. I want to have more time to spend at the pool, around the resort, and at the water parks. I don’t want to be too rushed. The Pop Century was great, clean, and convienient; but next time I will stay at a Deluxe. They are more money, but after having dinner at one almost each night, we realized how much we would have enjoyed the benefits.
As for the weather, it was the middle of May and only 88-94 degrees each day. The crowds were down, the temperature wasn’t suffocating, and so this to me seems to be the ideal time to go. I learned a lot from planning my own vacation, and am definitely ready to return. I’m already starting to plan for May 17-24, 2009. I’m going to book the Boardwalk for 7 nights with the Deluxe Disney Dining Plan and have the Water Park Option on my tickets. I know it will be expensive, but it will be totally worth it. Keep me updated with ideas. Thanks for reading!

Dragongirlx
05-30-2008, 04:03 AM
Thanks for the really great trip report. Made me feel like I was there with you.

oh well only 106 days to go

gauvin4
05-30-2008, 08:52 AM
Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

tinklover
05-30-2008, 09:51 AM
I just finished reading all your trip reports and sounds like you had a wonderful and magical time. thanks for the mind trip to disney it helped me get thru mt now 6 day wait.:cloud9:

wdwgrl377
05-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks for sharing your report with us! Glad you had a great time and minimal time waiting in line! :mickey:

KylesMom
05-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Stephen, great job of both planning and reporting your trip. Thanks for sharing with us! :mickey:

SBETigg
05-30-2008, 12:16 PM
Sounds like a great time, and you're already getting ideas for next time! :thumbsup: Thanks for the reports.

faline
05-30-2008, 01:44 PM
What a great trip you planned! Now you can have even more fun planning the next!

DizNee143
05-30-2008, 02:03 PM
glad you enjoyed your trip!! thanx for sharing it with us...
and have fun planning your next trip!! the boardwalk is a great resort!! its my favorite!! :mickey:

MauiMouse
05-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Glad to hear that you had a great time, the weather and the crowds sounds perfect. I'd like to try at May vacation at some point. :thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
05-31-2008, 03:38 PM
Have fun planning your next trip!:mickey:

tinkerbell04
06-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks for sharing, I have enjoyed reading your posts. I am sure you will have a great time planning your next trip :)

ChipnDaleGal
06-02-2008, 08:50 PM
That is so great that your first shot at planning your own trip was such a success. Thanks for sharing it all with us.:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks for taking us along on your trip. I really enjoyed reading....:mickey:

cal5755
06-03-2008, 12:43 AM
I think you did great planning your vacation. We do use the dining plan (this year we upgraded from free dining to deluxe dining) and we do it mostly because we like our meals to be prepaid. I think you will have an awesome time next trip at a deluxe. Have lots of fun planning your next vacation!! Thanks for sharing your vacation!!

pdrlkr
06-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: