PDA

View Full Version : May 22: Princess Katy and Pirate Stephen

svarhall07
05-30-2008, 02:23 AM
Thursday May 22
Today we decided to sleep a little later. We had lunch ressies at 50’s Prime Time Café at 11am inside Hollywood Studios. We woke up about 9:45am, and we on our way to Hollywood Studios by 10:30am. We went straight to the Rockin’ Roller Coaster, got fast passes, and then checked in for lunch. I have always loved the 50s PTC, and it was great yet again. I had the Peanut Butter and Jelly milkshake (OMG IT WAS TO DIE FOR) and a turkey sandwich with onion rings. The service was great, our CM played along. I was told to put away the walkie talkies (on the cell phone) and all about keeping my elbows off the table. He played along more with the table beside us with kids. The kids loved it, and Katy and I loved watching. After lunch, we went to the Rockin Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, and then rushed back to see Lights Motors, Action. I saw the show in November, but Katy hadn’t seen it. After we went to Muppet Vision 3D and then back to Rockin Roller Coaster. We discovered the single passenger line at this point, and we never waited more than 10 minutes for the RRC. We stopped for pretzels during the parade, and then went to the Animator’s Palate. Indiana Jones was the last thing before heading to our dinner ressies at Spoodles at the Boardwalk Resort. We took the boat to the Swan/Dolphin and walked to the Boardwalk. Out ressies were for 5:05pm, and dinner was AMAZING. This was our first time here. We had humus for an app, and it was great served with warm pita bread. They also brought us bread with olive oil and spices. I had linguini with shrimp and Katy had absolutely amazing eggplant pasta. We were so excited about Spoodles that we forgot to make any pictures the entire time we were there. We then took the Boardwalk boat back to Hollywood Studios and rode the RRC and ToT a couple more times. Then we headed over to try TOY STORY MANIA!!! I LOVED IT!! It is so much more interactive than the Space Ranger Spin, and the themeing is great. The entire section of the Studios is designed just like PIXAR Studios, complete with brick and black sign. This was the perfect way to end the day of rides, so we went straight over to get seats for Fantasmic. We arrived about 45 minutes early, Katy saved our seats, and I went to get ice cream, pop corn, and sodas. The show was great of course, and then we headed back to Pop and went to bed quite early. For waking up early, we went to bed around 10:30pm.

gauvin4
05-30-2008, 08:43 AM
You sure did get a lot done even though you slept in and went to bed early. I'm getting tired just reading how much you two have done.

wdwgrl377
05-30-2008, 11:03 AM
Fun filled day! Lots done too! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

KylesMom
05-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Goodness, I remember going the week before Memorial Day & it was truly BUSY - never have we had those short of waits like you guys are catching. Each day you're able to do and see SO much - what a wonderful trip you're having!

faline
05-30-2008, 01:29 PM
What yummy food you had! Your luck with line rides is really holding out!

DizNee143
05-30-2008, 01:46 PM
another great day!!:mickey:

MauiMouse
05-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Your dinner at Spoodles sounds great! Glad that you try the new Toy Story Mania ride, looking forward to riding it myself next trip. :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
05-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Another fine day! Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
06-01-2008, 01:32 PM
That is so great that you got in to see the new Toy Story ride. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

tinkerbell04
06-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the ToyStory Mania review. I am looking forward to experiencing it when we go next week!

cal5755
06-03-2008, 12:03 AM
Mom and I went to 50's PTC for the first time last NOV... we cant wait to take the kids and DH this Sept. We love the antics and the food is pretty good. So glad you had a great dinner at spoodles... and man you make me tired with all you do all day!! Great review on TSM sounds like it is tons of fun!!

pdrlkr
06-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: