PDA

View Full Version : May 20: Princess Katy and Pirate Stephen

svarhall07
05-30-2008, 01:50 AM
Tuesday May 20
We woke up at 8:00am, got ready as fast at we could, and then went to the food court for breakfast. The food was decent, I had a bacon and egg wrap which I wouldn’t eat again. I was disappointed, but there were lots of other choices that looked great. We got on the bus to get to Animal Kingdom, and arrived just around 9:15am. We walked straight over to Camp Minnie Mickey to get our pictures with the characters in safari gear. We got Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy all in about 30 minutes. After, we walked to Africa and got fast passes for the safari, then got a refillable mug to carry for the day. Kali River Rapids was next, and we didn’t have to wait at all. WE GOT ABSOLUTELY SOAKED. I wouldn’t have gotten more wet if I’d had jumped in the water. We then got in line for Everest. The queue said 30 minute wait, but we got through in about 20!! It was now time for the fast pass at Kilimanjaro Safari. We got front seats right by the window, and saw animals at each viewing spot. We then had to quickly make it back to Asia for ressies at Yak and Yeti. This was our first time here since it became a table service, and it was great. The theme was carried out very well, and the CM service was excellent. I had egg roles for an appetizer and sweet and sour chicken for the main meal, Katy had fried green beans for her app and lo mien noodles again for her main meal (if you haven’t noticed she’s a vegetarian). After lunch, we went to Dinoland to ride Dinosaur and the TriceratopSpin. Afterwards, we went to get seats for Finding Nemo the Musical. Finding Nemo is my favorite animated movie, and I LOVED the musical. It will now be a must do every time I’m at Animal Kingdom. After, it was back to Everest and we had fast passes so we only waited about 5 minutes. Then we saw It’s Tough to Be a Bug and walked through the Jungle Trek. By now it was 5:30pm and time to head to the buses to head to the Wilderness Lodge for 6:20pm dinner ressies at Whispering Canyon Café. We arrived early, so we went out to see the geyser erupt at 6:00pm. Then on to dinner, we were very disappointed. We were sat in the back dining room, where no taunting or playfulness was going on. We could hear screaming and laughter from the front dining room, but we sat quietly in the back. The food was really great this time, which I was glad because I never know. I had the skillet and really enjoyed the pork ribs and shrimp, while Katy had a cheese quesadilla that was really great too. I had the souvenir pirate punch, which I didn’t know was a kid’s drink, haha. Anyway, after the disappointing dinner, we took the bus back to EPCOT for Illuminations and the EMHs. We arrived at 8:00pm, and immediately went to WS to get seats for Illuminations. We sat right at the entrance to WS between the two gift shops. While Katy held our perfect seats, I walked all the way to Italy to get some gelato. Illuminations was absolutely amazing as always, and then we walked through the WS for some night time pictures. Then we were able to ride Test Track quickly, and then we left because of exhaustion. We made it back to Pop around midnight, and it was straight to bed!

gauvin4
05-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Sorry to hear your dinner at Whispering Canyon was a disappointment. But other than that it sounds like you had a great day. You sure did get alot done!! :mickey:

wdwgrl377
05-30-2008, 10:39 AM
Thanks for sharing with us! :mickey:

KylesMom
05-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Bummer about Whispering Canyon - we've never sat in the back dining area, it is definitely subdued and not in the middle of the action. I think if they placed our family back there, we'd have to ask to be moved!

However, the rest of your day sounds like another humdinger! It sounds like crowds are exceptionally light and you've been able to see/do whatever you wanted! :thumbsup: :mickey:

DizNee143
05-30-2008, 12:31 PM
another great day!!
sorry dinner was alittle dissappointing..the rest of the day seemed like fun!! :mickey:

faline
05-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Too funny - I've always wanted to sit in that back area at Whispering Canyon because it looks so peaceful but we've never been seated there. Sorry you missed all the fun of the main dining area! The rest of your day sounds great!

MauiMouse
05-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Glad that you enjoyed Yak & Yeti, we are going to try this restaurant in December. Too bad about your dining experience in Whispering Canyon.

dolphinmickey9170
05-31-2008, 07:06 PM
Thanks for sharing. We don't do WCC any longer as my DH doesn't like the showy scene they make. He likes the skillet, but that's where it ends.

ChipnDaleGal
06-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Sounds like you had a really great day. I am anxious to try the Yak and Yeti restaurant, so I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your lunch there. Thanks for sharing another fun day with us. :mickey:

tinkerbell04
06-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Wow, you guys sure do a lot in one day! Thanks for sharing, I am off to read the next installment!

cal5755
06-02-2008, 11:53 PM
You did a LOT today!! I am glad you enjoyed your lunch at Y&Y... we are trying this one in Sept. That is a bummer about WC though... mom and I are trying this in Nov. I hope we don't get stuck in the back. Despite WC it sounds like you had a great day!! Can't wait to read more.

pdrlkr
06-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: