PDA

View Full Version : When to go to Disney Quest?

the other micki
05-30-2008, 12:25 AM
Is Sat. afternoon a crowded time for Disney Quest? Say from about 1-5 or so? Thanks!

RockinRollerMom
05-30-2008, 08:36 AM
In general the advice is to stay away from DQ when it is raining, on the weekends, and tour during the afternoon if at all possible. I think a lot of it depends on when you will be traveling. We went to DQ last December on a thursday night and the place was practicly empty! I think that if you have the option to change your day to a week day, that would be the best. But your plan for Saturday afternoon is much better than planning on going on a Saturday night.

Tygger7
05-30-2008, 08:54 AM
We tried DisneyQuest for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Huge mistake. We walked around DTD and got to DQ about 1pm. Turns out, it was PACKED solid with screaming kids. I think every school in the area decided to take field trips there that day.

Now my :twocents: : Overall, I was disappointed by DQ. Maybe it's because it was packed to the gills, or my expectations didn't match up at all. If any of you have "Gameworks" in your area, that's what I was expecting. The overall layout of the building was confusing, and it seemed like I was always on the wrong floor. We checked lines for the attractions we wanted to do, and all were over 30 minutes. So, after spending about 45 minutes trying to find something to do that didn't have a huge line, we left. Definitely not something I plan on trying again any time soon.

Just Keep Swimming
05-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Yes, one time I would NOT go ever again would be a weekday in May. You probalby ran into the same thing we did, Tygger7. It seems that a lot of schools take their end of the year field trip there. On the day we went, there were 3 different schools. The lines were horrible and the kids very poorly watched. As I was leaving, I got into a conversation with someone from guest services who said one of the schools hadn't even told them they were coming! On the plus side, he gave me three Comp. tickets without me even asking, because he knew how bad it was.

Young@Heart
05-31-2008, 10:31 PM
I think I would avoide a Sat. afternoon, if possible. If not, I think you're much better going in the afternoon (1-5) than in the evening.
We love DQ and can always find things to do there. DC are sooo excited to be going back there this time! We skipped it last time to save on cost. :blush:

MarkC
06-02-2008, 12:52 PM
We've found that if you get there at opening on weekdays or just after, there is only a minor wait or no wait. That is obviously affected by the time of year and how busy everything else is. If you go at a peak travel time it will always be busy, just like anything else. Good luck.

Imagineer1981
06-02-2008, 02:48 PM
mid afternoon is usually good because most people are still in the parks