PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney Suite aboard the Wonder

minniemoomoo
05-29-2008, 11:44 PM
I was thinking of booking the suite as a surprise to my family. Has anyone stayed there? Will it sleep 3 couples of adults?
Did you do the inroom dining from Palos?
I would appreciate all help. It would be a dream come true for a true Disney Fan. :cloud9:

TammiMcMan
05-30-2008, 12:01 AM
I've stayed in a category 3, but I did get to view the Walt suite.... amazing :cloud9:. There are 2 full bedrooms in that suite. The master bedroom has the queen size bed (which can be pulled apart into twins) and a full private bath. The 2nd bedroom has two twin beds (I don't think they could be pushed together) and it's own private bath. There is sort of a media room off the living room, with a queen sized murphy bed (no private bath, would need to use the shower and toilet located in the main entrance of the suite. And finally, there is a twin sized sleep sofa in the living room. There is definitely enough bedding and privacy for all 6 adults, but one couple would have to sleep in separate beds and another couple would get very little bathroom privacy.

DH and I had the luck of being able to get reservations in Palo for all the nights of our cruise, so the only in room dining we did was the full breakfast. That was a really nice touch. I could definitely see myself ordering a glass of champagne and a chocolate souffle every night though.

If you do decide to make reservations, just keep in mind that the list for the suites can be a year or two long. The suites are one category that you can put a request in through inventory control and be on the waiting list. The other thing, is that you will need to give a substantial deposit per person when you make the reservation (I can look up my notes, I think it's $500 per person, but I'm not positive). This deposit is non-refundable, but if your plans change, you can transfer the deposit to another date and stateroom category.

Tinkerbellmom1
06-19-2008, 07:25 PM
My family and I stayed in the Roy Suite (category 1) on our first cruise. It was roomy, and there are plenty of beds for 3 couples, just not all private.

The bedroom off the dining area is very private with it's own bathroom. The beds were pulled apart for our boys, but it was great for them.

The little library had a pull down murphy bed. That room is just off the master bedroom and the only thing between them is sliding pocket doors with partially frosted windows. Not private all all!:blush:

I thought the sofa pulled out into a bed as well. That may be a possibility for a 3rd bedroom for the 3rd couple. With the other 2 couples tucked away into bedrooms, that would be my pick for a more private area. Double check that with DCL before you take my word for it.

We really enjoyed the suite. We especially liked having the dining area where we could have breakfast delivered or other meals. We didn't have any meals from Palo delivered. We actually never went to Palo until our second cruise. We won't make that mistake again!

We have had really good luck with getting the Category 1 and Category 2 suites. We've cruised twice - once in a 1 and once in a 2. Both times I just called Disney and the suites were available! Our next cruise is about 16 months off but we still got the Category 2 and for the dates we wanted. You do need to put a $500 per person deposit down (but the deposit is 1/2 off right now!). The suites are lovely and I have learned to use the concierge service to make your trip more magical. If you do make a reservation in a suite, be sure to request any special ideas you have with the concierge (dining in Palo every night, special meet and greet with the characters, extra waters or soda daily, priority tendering in certain ports, etc.)-I didn't know about this perk when we first cruised!

I hope you cruise with Disney! It's worth it!:cloud9:

minniemoomoo
06-24-2008, 01:22 PM
I booked us... It's official. December of 2009.
I called the kids and their wives and everyone is so excited. They just wish it was this December and not next year. But we have lots of planning and talking about it to get ready. Thanks for all of your imput. We don't want to miss a thing.....
:mickey:

TammiMcMan
06-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Congratulations. The suites and concierge service are amazing.

ElenitaB
06-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Enjoy! I've had the opportunity to see the suite and it is truly beautiful!

It's true that it's a long way off, but it's certainly a nice thing to have waiting for you in your future! :thumbsup:

Tinkerbellmom1
06-27-2008, 10:35 AM
How exciting for all of you! It's a long way off, but the planning will be so fun!

Enjoy your trip!