PDA

View Full Version : If this existed at WDW, would you eat there?

BrerGnat
05-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Okay, so I was wondering, how many of you eat "breakfast for dinner"? Breakfast for lunch? We do this about 2-3 times per week. My sons (the picky eaters they are) LOVE breakfast food, especially eggs and waffles/pancakes. If all else fails, they will ALWAYS eat "breakfast", anytime.

How successful do you think a place would be at WDW that served Breakfast "all day" (as in, JUST breakfast..I'm not talking about Denny's here). It could be an all day breakfast buffet, a sit down, character or not, I don't care.

I just wish there was someplace ON PROPERTY that we could go to at night and get some pancakes and scrambled eggs.

If this existed, would you go?

princessjojo
05-29-2008, 08:23 PM
UMMM, :eat: I just love some breakfast food! Some good ol' pancakes, french toast, scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, not too crispy, hash browns...now I'm hungry and it's too late to go to Cracker Barrell.

I don't know about a resturant that was strictly breakfast all day, but I would definitally consider eating breakfast for dinner occasionally.

Man, I'm going scramble me some eggs.

Ropachs
05-29-2008, 09:09 PM
We'd be there! We all like breakfast for dinner, especially my 6 year old DS. We do either french toast and sausage or eggs, bacon, and toast about 3x a month.
Lori

Madame Leona
05-29-2008, 09:13 PM
You would have to count me out on that one. I'm allergic to eggs and I don't like any food that requires syrup (except when I was pregnant with my first child but that craving ended with delivery). I'm pretty sure my husband would eat there and I know ds (2) would totally be there. The kid lives for french toast sticks and blueberry pancakes. He was also the one I had cravings with, go figure.

elmjimmlm
05-29-2008, 09:16 PM
We do this often too...I would eat breakfast any time of the day...Count us in...:thumbsup:

Marceline
05-29-2008, 09:25 PM
I like this idea alot. Maybe a place at DTD, that could catch the nightowls just like IHOP does.:)

SgtTigger
05-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Yes

Yes

Yes

I love to eat breakfast.... we go to Trails end at least once a trip for the breakfast buffet.....
Hey I eat Breakfast for dinner at home sometime so even better if it is at Disney.... :D

:cop: :tigger:

d_m_n_n
05-29-2008, 10:20 PM
We have breakfast for dinner once in a while, but usually when I forgot to get meat out of the freezer :blush: . I don't know if we would go to a restaurant that only served breakfast though...there are too many other yummy things in the world to eat!!! We can have bacon and eggs anytime, but we can't have Le Cellier or O'hana just any day! :cloud9:

KineGirl
05-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Only if it were open late night (after 12 am) but I would skip the pancakes. Eggs, bacon & toast for me please :mickey:

maybe some sausage

tinksmom02
05-29-2008, 10:26 PM
I love breakfast for dinner! I don't know if we'd want to go to a b-for-d at WDW (can you imagine--they would charge DINNER prices for BREAKFAST food??), but it would be nice if the food courts had a few breakfast options available all day.

BrerGnat
05-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Okay, as I was thinking more about this, I realized that there are probably a LOT of people who like to sleep in on vacation (ME ME ME!!!) who get a bit frustrated that you can only get breakfast until like 10:30am. For those of us, especially, who fly in from the west coast, it takes a few days to get "on schedule" to the east coast time. My 8am is 11am in WDW. I never get to have real breakfast food at WDW, since I don't ever make it before they stop serving.

So, this type of place would also catch the people who sleep in...

Mousemates
05-30-2008, 01:09 AM
yes...but not if the breakfast served at non breakfast times cost lunch and dinner prices...love eggs, pancakes, sausage...but
i have a limit on what I'm willing to pay for them.

Dragongirlx
05-30-2008, 04:05 AM
Breakfast for dinner Mmmmmmm yummy.
Count me in

DISNEYLOVERS5
05-30-2008, 07:11 AM
Count us in We LOVE breakfAst foods not during the morning

SBETigg
05-30-2008, 07:16 AM
I personally would not. We're not big breakfast fans even during breakfast time. But I do know a lot of people who would be happy to eat there and I think it's a great idea.

TheRustyScupper
05-30-2008, 09:24 AM
1) Frequently I have eggs, or other breakfast items, for lunch or dinner.
2) Don't ever expect this to be available at WDW.
3) Lunch and dinner bring in more revenue than eggs.
4) WDW is all about revenue and profit.

#1donaldfan
05-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Why have I never thought of that.....we've done breakfast fare for dinner a lot....mostly when I'm cooking, 'cause it's about the only thing I can do in the kitchen, besides clean up behind the DW (messy, messy, messy)...

......some of our best meals at Disney have actually been breakfast's ...... Donald's Safari Breakfast (formerly Breakfastsaurs)....and my all time favorite....Boatwrights at POR....

.....I'm sure the bottom dollar can be acheived with an all day breakfast eatery....especially if the prices are somewhat reduced compared to normal dinner rates.....the place would be PACKED !!!

c&d
05-30-2008, 10:36 AM
We would be there, since we rarely make breakfast at WDW :sleepin:

We do breakfast for dinner at home. It's always a big hit. DS will often request it.

DisneyCouture
05-30-2008, 11:15 AM
I would love it! I love eating pancakes for dinner. A nice b-fast buffet would be really cool. :thumbsup:

Momof2boys
05-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Definately ! I eat breakfast at Bakers Square once every few weeks for lunch -

Fryguy
05-30-2008, 03:04 PM
It would be great to have a place where you could go and eat breakfast all the time.

I would be there!

LilOrmstonViolet38
05-30-2008, 04:50 PM
pancakes aren't a dinner item??? i always wondered why they were never on the menus! :mickey:

we eat break-dinner at least once a week here. yummy food. and since DH never has time for breakfast food in the morning (poptarts aren't real food....) he loves it when he can get it. i think somewhere like Crystal Palace but not in the parks and without characters... that way you have everything everyone loves for breakfast, and they can still charge a higher fee cuz it's all you can eat. not that i like higher fees, but i'ld pay it to get my pancakes.... i think they should have it by PI give me my margaritas :marg: and then later get me to the Pancake Shop! i think it would make tons of money! too bad breakfast food is cheap so it will prolley never happen...

well guess it's waffles for dinner tonight.... :)

illini
05-30-2008, 05:03 PM
That's a cool idea. Not sure how well it would fly if nothing else was offered, though. For me personally, I wouldn't do it. I'm not a huge breakfast person, though, esp pancakes and waffles.

bmj721
05-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Not every day of the vacation, but definitely,
YES
:thumbsup:

BrerGnat
06-01-2008, 11:22 AM
.....I'm sure the bottom dollar can be acheived with an all day breakfast eatery....especially if the prices are somewhat reduced compared to normal dinner rates.....the place would be PACKED !!!

I totally agree with that! There is a reason why places like Ihop and Denny's are so successful.

Okay, maybe they could serve other things too...or maybe they can just implement all day breakfast availability at some places. Like, Kona Cafe for instance. They serve a GREAT breakfast. It would be cool if you could order those items at dinner time too. Other restaurants could probably do this too...

DestinationWDW
06-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Yes! We would go for this!!! My DS 4, lives on pancakes and waffles - would actually make dining plan worth it for him. Yummy omelet station and french toast (could there be tonga toast all day?!?!). Breakfast rolls and muffins........oh my.......:secret: how about mimosas......

BluewaterBrad
06-01-2008, 12:43 PM
I sure would. Especially if it was late and I was ready to sleep after the meal!:mickey:

cal5755
06-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Everyone in my family would love this EXCEPT me lol... I am so not a breakfast person... I am the type of person that will wake up and want a sandwich or pizza or something like that. Forget cereal, eggs and or pancakes lol.

disneyworld55925592
06-01-2008, 04:24 PM
yum i lolve spoodles breakfast menu.
i mean i may only eat their once, i don't know that it would bring in that much buisness due to all the other yummy exotic foods disney has to offer:thumbsup: