PDA

View Full Version : Basic Dining Plan or Deluxe for us?

coffeeyumm
05-29-2008, 05:52 PM
We're hoping to go to WDW in late-April or early-May of 2009. The DDP has changed a lot since our last trip in Nov. '06 (tip and appetizer were included then). What's your advice for our family? Basic, or Deluxe DDP (given our normal daily routine):

Dad: Rarely eats breakfast, sometimes lunch, BIG DINNER (jogs 4+ miles per day).
Mom: Likes cooked breakfast if available, but if not then cereal and COFFEE... always eats lunch, would enjoy a good dinner.
Son - age 15: WOULD EAT 24/7 IF HE COULD!! Loves big breakfast, big lunch, big dinner, any snacks he is offered (and is skinny as a rail - go figure!)
Son - age 13: Same meals (but not skinny)
Boy/Girl Twins - age 9: Breakfast could be anything... lunch counter service fine... Would enjoy a sit-down dinner, but often go the chicken nugget/grilled cheese/mac & cheese route.

What do you think... if you've used Deluxe, did you use all the meals & snacks available? Did you find you SAVED money on it, or did you break even?

THANKS for your help!

dolphinmickey9170
05-29-2008, 07:02 PM
For our family, we always will use the basic plan. We get a grocery delivery for in room breakfasts - such as individual plastic cups of cereal, a gallon of milk, diet pepsi, and other snacks. Then we use a counter service meal for lunch and a table service for dinner. We usually have most of our snack credits left at the end of the trip, but on occasion we manage to use them for things like chili cheese fries at Pecos Bills, Bread sticks and Pizzafaris and DoleWhips at Aloha Isle. It sounds like the basic plan would work for you.:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
05-30-2008, 09:45 AM
I would also think that the basic plan as it now is would suit your family better, it sounds like you really only have one TS meal a day and using the Deluxe DDP credit for a bunch of CS meals would be a waste.
Also remember that you are talking about 2009 and with Disney changes to the plans could happen.

Natazu
05-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Looking at your info, the regular plan looks good.

On Basic vs. Deluxe, ask yourself these questions:
Do we always order an appetizer?
Do we want to do a bunch of Signature Dining?
Do we want a 2hr lunch each day?

BelleLovesTheBeast
05-30-2008, 10:25 PM
I agree with Natazu. Those are really the questions to ask yourself. We are trying the DDP deluxe in Oct. We have 2 sit down meals scheduled for everyday and we are trying several of the signature dining restaurants. I also wanted to be able to get an appetizer...I'm not much of a dessert eater. I usually pass it onto my DH.

Look at where you want to eat and if you have a few that are signature....then it will be worth it.

bc002k
05-31-2008, 10:13 AM
If you eat lunch and dinner at table service places every day, you'll save tons of money with the Deluxe Plan. The only downside is that you're spending 3 hours or so every day eating. If I was still 13 years old, I'd probably get antsy.

The Deluxe Plan seems best for those who travel to WDW primarily for the food, because you really get to eat like a pig at all the fanciest places, and $70 a day is a real bargain once you see how much the actual bills are at each restaurant!