PDA

View Full Version : Please help me understand....

r4kids
05-29-2008, 12:51 PM
If I am correct in the things I have been told :
Jan 2009/Feb 2009

Jan 19th - MLK day- Crowded
Feb 1- Superbowl- crowded
Feb-8-14- bike week- crowded
Feb 14-16- pres. weekend- crowded
Feb 16 + peak season- expensive

We were planning a Feb 5 - 14 trip. Are htese dates correct? How crowded will it really be?

Strmchsr
05-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Crowds are relative. What's crowded for one person is nothing to another. I would expect this year's crowds to be slightly bigger than normal during that time in 2009 because of the Super Bowl, but my main expectation would be for moderate (on the lower side) crowds at the beginning of your trip, increasing as things go along. The big crowds don't really kick in until mid February.

The thing is, slow times are pretty much non-existent now. Because of the widespread information on the Web everyone knows when the "low" times are so everyone tries to go during those times, meaning those times aren't so low anymore. The week after Thanksgiving being a prime example.

jonahbear2006
05-29-2008, 03:44 PM
We were in Disney this year for Feb 4-13 and it was not crowded. The longest line we waited in was a 20 min character greeting line. There was one day that hollywood studios was filled wtih a bunch of church goers and high school students and foreigners. It seemed to be group day. Other than that, we had a fabulous time and it was sooooo not busy. 15th it does get busy and more expensive so I would plan on earlier in the month and I hear the last week of Jan is nice, as well.

r4kids
05-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Ok Bike week is actually Feb 27 - Mar 8. I am really happy. We really like our dates and hate to change them. I am waiting for some P&PP info :)

Disnamic Duo
05-29-2008, 04:26 PM
We went the same week a couple years ago. It was more crowded than we were expecting. There were a lot of cheerleaders in the parks. It got especially crowded at night. The evening EMH weren't worth it - too crowded.

faline
05-30-2008, 10:59 AM
If I am correct in the things I have been told :
Jan 2009/Feb 2009

Feb-8-14- bike week- crowded

We were planning a Feb 5 - 14 trip. Are htese dates correct? How crowded will it really be?

I believer this week is known as Speed Week. There are a number of races at the track in Daytona which culminates with the Daytona 500 run on the Sunday of Presidents' Day weekend.

While the Daytona 500 pushes crowds up some, it does not increase them outrageously. You may get more crowding next year due to the combined proximity of both this event and the Super Bowl.

Crowds really start picking up as you enter the Presidents' Day weekend and you can expect that weekend to be very crowded.

I would expect moderate crowds during most of your visit with crowds getting heavier towards the end of your visit.

ThanxForNoticin
05-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Crowds really start picking up as you enter the Presidents' Day weekend and you can expect that weekend to be very crowded.

I would expect moderate crowds during most of your visit with crowds getting heavier towards the end of your visit.

I agree 100% with faline. This has been our experience, too. It should be a very good time for you to visit.

NJGIRL
05-30-2008, 02:45 PM
I wouldn't think bike week would have anything to do with Disney being crowded. That's in Daytona. My husband had gone before we were married and from how he described it most people there would not be interested in going to Disney.

Patty
05-30-2008, 07:12 PM
I wouldn't think bike week would have anything to do with Disney being crowded. That's in Daytona. My husband had gone before we were married and from how he described it most people there would not be interested in going to Disney.

All the bike week stories I heard about Daytona I was thinking the same think. Somebody else posted about race week or speed week whatever it is called. I do have some friends that go down for the races, and then head over to Disney, but they all say this coming up year, because of finances it will only be the races. I hope you have a great time, no matter what the crowds are, they can't be as bad as school vacation times.

r4kids
05-30-2008, 09:37 PM
I thought the folks from bike/speed week also did Disney and it was pretty busy. I know Daytona is only an hour or so away. I hope for low crowds, nice weather, big discounts, and the P&PP to be during the time we are there........:cloud9: I am certianly not holding my breathe though.