PDA

View Full Version : Need Suggestions

NewmanFamily6
05-29-2008, 11:30 AM
The last few years I have been in nursing school. It has been a sacrifice for the whole clan. I want to surprise my family with a special trip to the world:secret: We are DVC members who previously only stayed in the Values. We have always wanted to stay at the GF, CR, or Poly. I am not going to use pts for this as it is my gift to them. Where would you all suggest? Keep in mind that we need 2 rooms for this herd:blush: if that makes a difference as far as views or locations. Sorry this was so long and thanks for your help:mickey:

lockedoutlogic
05-29-2008, 11:47 AM
The last few years I have been in nursing school. It has been a sacrifice for the whole clan. I want to surprise my family with a special trip to the world:secret: We are DVC members who previously only stayed in the Values. We have always wanted to stay at the GF, CR, or Poly. I am not going to use pts for this as it is my gift to them. Where would you all suggest? Keep in mind that we need 2 rooms for this herd:blush: if that makes a difference as far as views or locations. Sorry this was so long and thanks for your help:mickey:

my suggestion: use the points and stay at Beach Club

KineGirl
05-29-2008, 12:14 PM
I would use the points too if you have them. The resorts you listed are all hefty OOP.
In regards to rooms I would go with a villa somewhere like SSR, OKW, BCV or BWV.

Villas

OKW are the largest villas and a good central location - your views would be of lakes or well manicured golf courses and of course tropical landscaping and HUGE palm trees

SSR is a beautiful new resort - to me the villas have a feel of an upscaled, beautifully interior decorated home. The pool is pretty cool with waterfalls and rocks. Your within walking distance of DTD.

BCV is a NE beach theme with views of BW and Epcot. Everyone raves about this place - alot of it has to do with the almost water park like pool (and the beauty of the resort) You can walk to Epcot and the BW.

BWV is like a 20's Atlantic Boardwalk. IMO the room decor is a little loud BUT you have entertainment nightly literally right outside your room on the boardwalk. The street performers are amazing! I especially like the knife guy. :) You are also able to walk over to Epcot here

Non Villas

Poly is incredible! Ive never actually stayed - only visited but its beautiful! I like the property itself - talk about tropical landscaping! Plus they play Hawaiian music under the water at the pool! There are no villas here so you can either get conjoining or a suite. This is a monorail resort with views of MK (by request) :cloud9:

GF has the most elegant and regal feel of all WDW resorts IMO. Ive only been lucky enough to stay once and you feel like a princess just walking through the door! The style is Victorian. I love the live orchestra/band playing on the landing. Again no villas but you can get a suite. The views can be of the Lagoon and its also on the monorail.

CR is quitessential WDW. Its the original resort and has spectacular views of MK and the Lagoon. Suites or conjoined rooms here as well would be the options for you. Another monorail resort.

I dont know if that helped! :blush: Again I would use the points if you have them but whatever you decide you cant really go wrong! Have fun & congrats on finishing Nursing school!! :party:

ThanxForNoticin
05-29-2008, 12:27 PM
my suggestion: use the points and stay at Beach Club

I agree. If you are a DVC member and have the points available, there is no better place to have a group that size. Put them in a 2-BR villa at BC (or any of the DVC locations), and they will have a wonderful stay.

azdisneymom
05-29-2008, 12:43 PM
What a nice thing you are doing!! I can only imagine opting to pay for this trip just to say thank you will be a gift your family will never forget. I can only hope many nice things happen to you all while visiting the kingdom.

I have heard Poly is nice for families. While it is not on your list I would suggest AKL. Less expensive than GF or Poly and the views are terrific.

Nurse Kim
05-29-2008, 02:34 PM
I too just completed RN school May 16. It's quite a sacrifice for the family during Nursing School. My kids and DH have been great the last two years even though it hasn't been easy. We are planning a trip in March 2009. I wanted to go as cheap as possible but I would really like to stay at the Poly but I am not sure if the extra costs is worth it. I think we will have a wonderful time no matter where we stay but I need to show them how much I appreciate their support and sacrifices. My DH hasn't been to WDW in over 20 years so it will be a surprise for him to see how things are now.

Tigerinvestigator
05-29-2008, 02:57 PM
I too just completed RN school May 16. It's quite a sacrifice for the family during Nursing School. My kids and DH have been great the last two years even though it hasn't been easy. We are planning a trip in March 2009. I wanted to go as cheap as possible but I would really like to stay at the Poly but I am not sure if the extra costs is worth it. I think we will have a wonderful time no matter where we stay but I need to show them how much I appreciate their support and sacrifices. My DH hasn't been to WDW in over 20 years so it will be a surprise for him to see how things are now.

Nothing beat the Polynesian in my opinion, but you guys should stay at the Swan/Dolphin with your nurses discounts. My wife is a nurse and it is a great way to get a deluxe for the price of a moderate or less. Walk to Epcot, boat to MGM, spectacular views, great pool, and those "heavenly beds". We have stayed as cheap as $129/night but it is typically around $149-$159 now.

JuicyMoose17
05-29-2008, 03:00 PM
I agree with the Beach Club.

crazypoohbear
05-29-2008, 06:01 PM
I agree with using the nurse discount for the swan and dolphin. you can get connecting rooms and still have a great view and great location. And the beds are awesome!!!:cloud9:
The grotto pool is cool for the kids and if you need late night snacks/drinks Picabu is open 24hours.
Congrats!