PDA

View Full Version : Change because of Pop Warner

AirlineGuy07
05-29-2008, 07:58 AM
We will be going to Disney Dec 9-14 and found out that Pop Warner is that week. Should we change to the week before or do you think that the crowd levels will be ok. We will be staying at SSR. Thanks!!

RockinRollerMom
05-29-2008, 08:01 AM
I think you should be fine. PopWarner really only affects the people staying at the allstars and POR/POFQ. Those resorts will be crowded. Especially the food courts and pools. Our trip last year overlapped PopWarner. We really didn't notice them in the parks at all. The crowd levels were still low and even when they were there.

DisneyorBust
05-29-2008, 08:13 AM
I agree with the previous post. The parks were not impacted by the Pop Warner attendees.
The only encounters we had in the parks were a couple of small groups that would occasionally break out in a 'cheer'.
Have a great December trip!

Madame Leona
05-29-2008, 08:57 AM
I agree with the above posts. We went last Dec and stayed at POFQ. There were cheerleaders at POR but we never saw them. In the parks, the only time we saw any of the kids was when I stood in line with some football players for BTMRR. I have to say they were very funny. We were doing baby swap so I was in line alone and they offered to ride with me so that I wouldn't be scared. They were very polite.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-29-2008, 09:29 AM
We will be at SSR December 7-12th...See you there!:wave:

We are not too concerned about Pop Warner. From everything I have read, it should not make too much of an impact on the parks.

kakn7294
05-29-2008, 10:37 AM
We didn't have any issues with them either except that the POFQ / POR buses were a bit more jammed packed at the end of the day when the parks were closing and sometimes the cheerleaders decided to spread some random "cheer" on those bus trips home. Much of the time, you won't even know who is with Pop Warner and who is just on vacation - they are usually there with their families just like everyone else.

ThanxForNoticin
05-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Don't change your plans - go and have a great time.

Suz36
05-29-2008, 03:34 PM
We overlapped this past year, I was very nervous about it, and it turned out to be a non-issue. The only time I ever noticed anyone was at MCO checking in for ME, and they had a special line for Pop Warner. Enjoy! The parks and resorts are beautiful that time of year!

Fryguy
05-30-2008, 09:34 AM
We where down there last December when PopWarner was there and had no problems. We stayed at CBR and had absolutely no problems with busses or anything else.

Go and enjoy yourself!:mickey: