PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show?

Mrs Bus Driver
05-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Okay I'm really on the fence about this, I've done a lot of research and I still can't make up my mind. Should we go to this show or not? The reviews are really mixed and I'm starting to think I shouldn't make the reservation. What do you think?

Natazu
05-28-2008, 10:04 PM
The reviews have always been mixed. I think it's a fun, enjoyable show with and there's lots of beer. The food is ok, nothing spectacular. If you've never been to a luau and aren't going to Hawaii soon (my mom is going in like 11 hours and all I get is to drive her to the airport), the Luau is a good deal.

KineGirl
05-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Sighh .... it always seems like Im agreeing with Jym and I dont even know the guy! :mickey: I also find it to be a fun show! The hula dancers and the fire dancer are incredible! They do a good job of getting you into the Aloooooooha spirit and while the food is ok - its not bad. I like the way its served family style. My 17yo daughter and her BFF insisted on going this year - it will be her 4th time. I wouldnt do it every year but we do hit it every few years. I always try to go to the second show as its darker and makes all the fire twirling and such that much more dramatic. And like most things Disney theres really not a bad seat but try to get at least lev 2 seating if not lev 1 (if youre on DDP youre only allowed lev 2 & 3)

I actually like it better than HDD :scared:

Natazu
05-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Sighh .... it always seems like Im agreeing with Jym and I dont even know the guy! :mickey:

I actually like it better than HDD :scared:S'ok, you know me better than the ones who always disagree. Plus, I'll help defend you on HDD (sorry Lanny).

pogo
05-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Sighh .... it always seems like Im agreeing with Jym and I dont even know the guy!

Oh..... be afraid, KineGirl..... very afraid ! :D

Actually this was one of our favorites in 2006 !

Corny show opening, but we really enjoyed this show when they got going.

The service was excellent an we loved the food too !

Go through with it and book your ADR.... I promise you won't regret it ! :D

snifflesmcg
05-28-2008, 11:25 PM
I say...you gotta do it once.

We did it last year. The food was great (coconut pineapple bread was OUT OF THIS WORLD), our server was wonderful, the setting was beautiful and the show was...ok. The fire dancers were the best part of the show and they were fantastic. I was on the fence about it last year. Although I'm glad I went, next time we'll try something different.

Everybody has different tastes, the only way to know is to go! :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
05-29-2008, 06:07 AM
Personally, I wouldn't go if you were paying for it. There are better places to spend your hard earned money, taking a chance at the luau is not worth it. Everyone has an opinion on it, and it's very mixed. Some love it, some hate it. Yes, I've gone and will never go back. Food was terrible, the service was non existent, and the show was boring to boot. Yes, this was a number of years ago, but it was that bad and the cost is just not worth me taking another chance on it.

If you want to see a fire twirler, go to AK and check out Festival of the LIon King, it's probably the same guy. If you want good food, check out Ohanas or any of the other resort restaurants in that area. If you have a couple hours that you don't mind wasting along with wads of cash, check out the luau.

mouseketeer mom
05-29-2008, 06:14 AM
We are fans of the Luau. We've seen it twice, last time on Thanksgiving day. We paid OOP for tier one seating both times. Happy we did so too. The show is light and the dancing is a whole lot of fun..especially fire guy!!!

Mrs Bus Driver
05-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the info, however I waited to long only level 3 seats left for nights I wanted so I decided to try Calif Grill. I was wondering if tip and apps would be included since it takes 2ts?:mickey:

KineGirl
05-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the info, however I waited to long only level 3 seats left for nights I wanted so I decided to try Calif Grill. I was wondering if tip and apps would be included since it takes 2ts?:mickey:

nope the DDP is the DDP everywhere

Gator
05-30-2008, 03:48 PM
If you've been to a real Hawaiian Luau, don't go. If you've never been to a real one, definitely see it. It's not quite as authentic (dancing and food) as the Islands, but if I'd never been a real luau, I would've enjoyed it a lot more.