PDA

View Full Version : Tours and Dining with an Imaginer??

Disney Maniac
05-28-2008, 07:57 PM
I just have quick for everyone. Has anyone done the Mickey's Magic Milestones tour at the MK? If so could you tell me about it and what your opinion is on it!! Another tour I would also like some info on is the Family Magic Tour at the MK. Again if you could tell me about it and what your opinions are on it. I don't know if it is appropriate for a 10 and 14, as anyone done this tour with kids around this age?? Finally one last thing, the Dine with the Imaginer lunch/dinner. How was it and what is your opinion?? Any pictures are welcome too!! Thank You for any info!!:mickey:

laughingplace<3
05-28-2008, 08:28 PM
I am wondering the same thing about the dining with an imagineer.

Disney Maniac
05-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Yah, there is just not enough info on it! Like what the serve, what you do, and other stuff!!
:mickey:

laughingplace<3
05-30-2008, 11:49 PM
I remember from when I was interested before, there was an age limit. You had to be 16 and over, I am pretty sure. It was either 16 or around 16.

Strmchsr
05-31-2008, 08:54 AM
I did the lunch with an imagineer last November and it was a fantastic experience. My DS7 (an aspiring Imagineer) loved it as much as I did. Our lunch was at the Brown Derby. The food was very good, though a little fru-fru for us. Everyone gets their own keepsake menu to take home with them. I can't remember exactly everything that was on it, but they had Cobb salad, which the Brown Derby is famous for, and other choices. The wait staff was very kind and helpful. My DS7 is a diabetic and the chef was fantastic to make sure he had something to eat.

As for the Imagineer, he was great. He told us lots of stuff about current Disney projects (as much as he could) and let us have a pretty lengthy Q&A. We also had plenty of time to just chat before the "official" part began. The entire experience last a little over 2 1/2 hours so well worth it to us. We'd definitely consider doing it again, and apparently you get a different Imagineer depending on the day. They rotate which department the Imagineer comes from so you can do it many times and get a different experience each time. The basic format is everyone is seated, you chit-chat while your meal is served and then after dessert the imagineer does his talk followed by questions. We had our own private room in the back of the Brown Derby so we were able to enjoy the experience without all of the ambient noise of the restaurant.

As the end we got a signed etched glass plate which is beautiful and perfect for display.