PDA

View Full Version : Does Fulton's take ADRs and is it good?

buzznwoodysmom
05-28-2008, 07:34 PM
We are headed to Vero Beach and WDW in about 2 weeks. We booked useing DVC points from someone. We are currently booked at SSR, but are waitlisted for BWV (our first choice), BCV and AKL. We have Flying Fish Cafe booked for dinner one night, but probably won't want to drive there if we aren't staying at either BWV or BCV. If we do end up staying at SSR, which is what looks like will happen, we plan on eating at DTD. The most comparable place to FFC I think would be Fulton's. I thought I remembered that they do no take ADRs. Is this correct or am I making this up? Also is the food here worth the price, and is it as good as FFC? Thanks.

PetefromRI
05-28-2008, 07:46 PM
We love Fulton's.The food is,IMHO,the best in Disney and worth every penny.They take conventional reservations,in fact,I e-mailed them last year with a question and the next day they called me at home with the answer.The service is great and it's a real friendly place.We love it but we're on the free dining this fall so we decided to try The Flying Fish which I hear is incredible.I'd give Fulton's a try,you will like it.

NotaGeek
05-28-2008, 08:06 PM
They do take regular reservations ... and they are one of my top favorite meals ever eaten at WDW!

5fromabove
05-28-2008, 09:55 PM
We ate there last October and had a great time. We had reservations for lunch, and it was wonderful. The atmosphere is very cool -- we ate on the upper deck -- it's an old ferry boat. The crab cakes were great...all of the food was actually. :) I've never been to the Flying Fish...but I think you'll really enjoy Fulton's. :) :thumbsup:

Natazu
05-28-2008, 10:15 PM
I don't like Fulton's. I think it's overpriced by a large margin. I don't rate the food any higher than the national chains. Flying Fish is so much better, I'd rather pay out of pocket for Flying Fish than go to Fulton's for free. It's an easy drive from SSR to BW and they have valet parking.

There is also high quality fish at Narcoossee's, Coral Reef, Artist Point, Brown Derby, California Grill, heck, even Cap'n Jack's if you want to stick with DTD.

Oh, and hey, while you're at Vero, stop in at Shutters and try the Rum Raisin Bread Pudding. ;)

katzctkpt
05-28-2008, 10:43 PM
We ate dinner there last June and I had the stuffed lobster tail photo (http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll17/katzctkpt/disney%202007/DSCF1456.jpg) it was really good. Doesn't the pic say it all. My dh had the crab cakes and they were really good. If you're a member of AAA take your card it'll give you a savings 10- 15 % off the meal and also at the World of Disney with a $50 purchase you'll save so much.

busterthebronco
05-28-2008, 11:50 PM
well i'm in the middle i guess.
the food is quite good :cloud9: but it may be a little overpriced.:blush:
they do take ADRs so just give it a whirl!

5fromabove
05-29-2008, 04:56 PM
:thumbsup:One other thing I wanted to add...if you do Fulton's for lunch, you can save 15% off with your DVC card. At least that was the case in October! :)

buzznwoodysmom
05-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Thanks for that info 5fromabove. However we will be doing dinner plus we don't have a DVC card. We are renting points from someone. I went ahead and booked it so hopefully we like it as much as some of you!

BluewaterBrad
05-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Fultons is great. We also like to eat there during lunch a lot.:mickey:

droopy d.
05-29-2008, 07:08 PM
That was our first meal we had at Disney when we got married and it was great. It has been almost 13 years since we ate their and I've been thinking about taking the DW, DD, and DS on our trip in Dec.

Dyanna
05-30-2008, 12:59 PM
We ate dinner there last June and I had the stuffed lobster tail photo (http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll17/katzctkpt/disney%202007/DSCF1456.jpg) it was really good. Doesn't the pic say it all. My dh had the crab cakes and they were really good. If you're a member of AAA take your card it'll give you a savings 10- 15 % off the meal and also at the World of Disney with a $50 purchase you'll save so much.

Thanks for the AAA info for Fultons. Already have our ressies for Nov & looking forward to it!!

RALPH
05-30-2008, 06:36 PM
First things first. It is expensive. Ya got to get by that. That is a downside. We have an AP and that gets us 10% off the bill so it helps.

We eat there evey trip. The food has been outstanding!:thumbsup: I usually get the stuffed lobster. Sometimes they have a special for 2 South African Lobster tails that are a much better value.

Our son has had a NY Strip there that was to die for. I tasted it and it rivaled any steak I have eaten anywhere. It was that good. He is hooked on the Alaskan King Crab claws now. I have a much better appreciation after watching the deadliest catch.

The best part is Fulton's has my favorite WDW dessert. The milk chockolate creme brulee is to die for. And if you get a table overlooking the water it is that much more of a plus.