PDA

View Full Version : Question about laundry ?

GINNY69
05-28-2008, 05:37 PM
I was not sure where to post this thread so please forgive me if I posted in the wrong discussion room. My question is does anyone have any ideas on what we can do to keep our dirty laundry from smelling up the room?:laundry::iron::laundry2: We really don't want to have to do laundry while on vacation, I would rather wait until we get home. We usually bring a couple of laundry bags to put our dirty cloths in and there is 2 adults and a small child traveling, So I am looking for suggestions if anyone has any please let me know.. thanks.. :laundry: :laundry2: :iron:

Goofy Texan
05-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Spray the clothes with Febreeze before you put it in the bag. Also bring a couple dryer sheets and put one in the bag each day.

KineGirl
05-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Spray the clothes with Febreeze before you put it in the bag. Also bring a couple dryer sheets and put one in the bag each day.

Wow... that is literally EXACTLY what I was going to suggest! :cool:

Febreeze is some pretty amazing stuff and I always pack some dryer sheets in a ziploc baggie for either doing the laundry or covering up some stinky laundry when we stay in a studio and dont have washers & dryers in the room.

coloradowendyl
05-28-2008, 07:21 PM
I use those XXL hefty one zip bags you can buy at Target or grocery stores for laundry bags. They have handles which makes it very nice if you decide to do laundry.

http://heftybrands.pactiv.com/HeftyOneZip/BigBags/index.aspx

They have that zippy thing that closes them up so you don't smell the laundry They are absolutely enormous when unfolded because they are made to hold pillows and blankets. They come 3 to a box. I just pack the bags in the bottom of the suitcase...put them out in the closet at the resort and then put the dirty clothes by category in them..whites, lights, darks. When it is time to come home, I just put the bags in the suitcases and I am already sorted for laundry.

Wendy

Clay Ransone
05-28-2008, 07:24 PM
On a realted note does POFQ have laundry service? If so what might that set me back? I think I will be good for my November trip but I may have to cut some stuff I would normally take to avoid the extra baggage fees. I have zero interest in washing my stuff.

Seasonscraps
05-28-2008, 07:27 PM
I would also suggest the clothes are completely dry before packing them up. A couple of dryer sheets in the storage bag will help. I hardly ever do laundry on vacation and never had a smelly clothes situation. The resorts have those drawstring plastic bags that are great for dirty clothes since they close up.

Pirate Granny
05-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Yes, POFQ has laundry service...our DD spilled coffee all over the only sweatshirt she brought...we didn't have time for laundry, so we sent it out and it came back the next day...coffee stain was still there (faintly)...so I would imagine ordinary dirt would be OK...but it was almost $5 for that one sweatshirt.
:pirate:

Pirate Granny
05-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Ya know...if you eat breakfast...you walk right by the laundry facilities...put the clothes in the washer...have breakfast...put the clothes in the dryer while you get ready for the park...take clothes to room to finish air-drying...cheaper...they sell soap, but I bring dry-tide and my own dryer sheets...in a little zip lock snack bag...
:pirate:

katzctkpt
05-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Make sure the clothes are dry or they will become mildew smelly and use frebreeze and some fabric softner sheets.
I know you may not want to do laundry :laundry: while on vacation but it's kinda nice once you get home all you have to do is unpack and put away clean clothes. Usually the day before we leave for our afternoon break from the parks we go to the pool. While at the pool I'm doing laundry and in between cycles laying in the sun/swimming it takes about an 1 - 1 1/2 hrs to do 3-4 loads for 2 adults 3 kids.

Janmac
05-28-2008, 11:52 PM
It is absolutely a stroke of genius that Disney put the laundry by the quiet pools. We always take an afternoon break by the pool so it is way easy to get a load or two done while relaxing. The only time this didn't work well was during our stay at Wilderness Lodge as the laundry isn't very near the pool.

It seems there are two camps regarding packing - the HUGE suitcase to bring everything so I don't have to wash group and then the pack [way too] light so you only have one suitcase but you have to wash group. I think it's really great that both groups can be accommodated.

Jan