PDA

View Full Version : Resort Portrait Question

mom2mickeyfan
05-28-2008, 04:38 PM
I just made my appointment to have the family potraits done at Poly on June 26. We have ADR at 'Ohana at 9:20 so I made the appointment for 8:30 to get it done before we eat. My main concern is I wasn't given any kind of number or told where I needed to go. I've never stayed onsite. We will be staying at Orange Lake Resort this year. So I know nothing about the Polynesian. I would love any help anyone has to give.

Also, we have been talking about staying onsite one year so is there any way to check out some of the resorts while we are down there besides just looking at pics and stuff online?

Thanks in advance for any help.

faline
05-28-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm not sure where you meet the photographer. As you enter the front door of the Poly, there'll be a concierge desk to your right. You should be able to inquire there.

O'Hana's is located upstairs in the back, left corner.

You can certainly visit the resorts and check them out. Just as you're dining at O'Hana in the Poly, you can also visit other resorts. When you get to the resort, you'll be asked why you're there. If you're dining, tell them that. If you just want to visit and check out the resort for a possible future visit, let them know that. They should give you a 3 hour parking pass.

TheRustyScupper
05-28-2008, 08:57 PM
1) There are tons and tons of contractors at WDW.
2) Portrait painters are independent contractors.
3) You might have to wait for a portrait to be done prior to your appt.
4) It is interesting they took an appt.
5) You might want to verify.
6) Portraits are usually first-come-first-served.

PS - You will positively love Orange Lake! In fact, it is tough to stay on-site WDW after Orange Lake.

faline
05-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Now I'm confused which is not terribly hard to do? :confused:

Are you having a photography session at the Poly or are you having an artist draw your picture?

mom2mickeyfan
05-29-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm having the photography session. We pre-purchased the photopass CD and are getting the session for $25. BTW...found out about being able to set this and getting the CD at a discount from these boards. Great stuff here!

Thanks for the info about Poly. I printed it out and put it in my Disney notebook....just in case...

TheRustyScupper
05-29-2008, 07:49 PM
1) Oops.
2) Sorry.
3) I thought you were doing artist portraits, not photos.