PDA

View Full Version : How Much time should be alloted for Disney Quest?

oliver&bianca
05-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Can Disney Quest be done in a half a day with an 8yr old and a 12yr old? Is it worth going to and does it overcrowded?:mickey:

medic9016
05-28-2008, 05:04 PM
We can be in and out in a few hours or less. There is a ton of video games and a few virtual rides. There is also an art instruction studio and about 6 or 8 internet computer. We have not been in the last few trips. It can get crowded, depending on the time of year.

KineGirl
05-28-2008, 05:10 PM
It really depends on your family/child. In the past we have spent 6 hours at a time in there but lately its been closer to 3. Not for the lack of anything just my families interest has waned over the years. Ever since they took out the ticket/prize part we really only hit the virtual rides, some shooting games and some oldies like Centipede. Of course all the good games usually have a line.

* just a forewarning some of the virtual rides like the Aladdin & Comix rides where you have to wear the helmet can give some a sensation of motion sickness. *

busterthebronco
05-28-2008, 05:46 PM
4 hours.
dont go on a rainy day or weekend night.:thumbsup:

Young@Heart
05-28-2008, 09:51 PM
We're usually good w/ 3-4 hours. This will be DD's first time, but she'll be 5 and will probably only the POTC and jungle virtual rides (maybe Aladin), and then some video games. DH and DS's will enjoy the other floors, so splitting up after 2-3 family "rides" will help us keep to our usually 3-4 hours (we hope!).:thumbsup:

NJGIRL
05-29-2008, 12:36 PM
We go in at 11:00 and leave around 5:00.

Imagineer1981
05-29-2008, 12:49 PM
went once, won't go again...not worth it

CAS
06-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Depends on the age of your children. An 8 and a 12 year old will be able to spend a couple hours there. We did it once the first year it opened but don't find it worth going back. It can get really crowded and it's not as impressive as I was expecting.

RockinRollerMom
06-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Like other posters have said, I really thnk it depends on your family and what time of year you are going. We went on a Thursday evening in early December and it was empty. We got everything done in about 3 hours. (me, DH and DD6) Even though we had fun it is not something that we are rushing back to do our next trip. I do remember saying to my DH that I was glad that we didn't have a preteen boy because we would never get him out of there.

What we did that might work well for you was we planned one evening at DQ for about 4 hours or so. I also left room in our schedule later on in the week, that if it was a huge hit we could go back and do it again. Of course, this only works if you have the water parks and more option on your hopper ticket.

I

gerald72
06-04-2008, 12:09 PM
A pre-teen boy could probably spend a week there. I wouldn't mind skipping it altogether. I don't think it has a very Disney feel. Just a big arcade. i would rather hit the arcades at the resort.

Tygger7
06-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Let me start by saying that my DD15 has been looking forward to going to DQ since she first heard about it, I think way back in 2001. She is a HUGE video game junkie, and was so excited that we were going to have time to go. We had planned to spend a half day there on our last trip, and only stayed a half hour. We went during the week, early afternoon, and it was PACKED. Turns out, I think every school in the Orlando area had the same idea to go to DQ that day. All the things she wanted to do had 30 minute waits or more. The layout of the whole building was confusing, and I have never had so much trouble finding a bathroom in my life! It was loud, there were screaming kids everywhere, and even 30 minutes was too long to be there. We all agreed, and left. My daughter was disappointed, but said, "Well, at least I know I'm not missing anything." Needless to say, we have no plans to ever go back. There are way too many wonderful things at WDW to waste time with DQ. Just my two cents. :)

thrillme
06-04-2008, 05:47 PM
My DS loves it has totally loved it since he was about 8 (that's when we discovered it).

He can EASILY make a day out of it. We usually go on a waterpark day. We get to the water park as soon as it opens leave about 5 and then close down Quest.

K

bruin1344
06-05-2008, 01:12 PM
depends on the person, i personally dont like disney quest and usually avoid it every trip unless someone in my party wants to go, when i go i only spend a few hours there

monke
06-14-2008, 02:27 PM
I make my husband take the boys and my daughter and I go shopping. I'm not a video game person but the guys are so its a toss up.

mom2morgan
06-21-2008, 01:05 PM
I make my husband take the boys and my daughter and I go shopping. I'm not a video game person but the guys are so its a toss up.

LOL - I like the way you think! For sure the men in my family have no interest in shopping, either. But I'm afraid if I let my 17 year old son go to Disney Quest, or my 16 year old daughter go shopping, I may never see them again! I could cash in their flights home and leave without 'em, and they wouldn't notice until they ran out of money ;-)

oliver&bianca
06-24-2008, 03:37 PM
We just got back from Disney last week, and I have to say DQ was a disappointment to us. As someone pointed, it is a very confusing layout. Also, the lines were horribly long for the virtual games. I guess we can say "been there, done that".

:mickey:Thanks for all of the input!

goofy-4-disney
06-24-2008, 06:06 PM
I went there once with my cousin, we only did a few things and then left probably within 2 hours. We were both early teenagers and felt that most of it was geared towards those younger than what we were. Good experience but since we both are now older i doubt that either of us will go back to this again.