PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Weekend Washington D.C. Band Trip!!: Day 1

IamBelle
05-28-2008, 01:54 PM
My marching band and I went down to D.C. from Saturday to Tuesday, this is what happened on the first day.....
We left on Friday night around 10 pm by bus. At 8 the next morning, we arrived to D.C. We immediately had breakfast at a train station, which was alright,then we took a tour of Capitol Hill. I got fantastic pics of the Capitol and the White House!!!
Then, we toured the Library of Congress, which was very cool!! We looked over where they research and our tourguide said that Nick Cage filmed National Treasure there!!!
We ate dinner at the Kennedy Center, which consisted of potatoes, green beans, and BBQ chicken. We then watched a jazz group and went shopping, (I bought a beautiful magnet of the Center at sunset)
After dinner, we took an evening tour of the Lincoln, WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Memorials. They were beautiful at night!!!!!
We went back to Maryland to our hotel around 10 pm. Everyone was so exhausted, they fell asleep immediately.
The next day, everyone was relaxed and ready to go.....
UNTIL TOMORROW,
IAMBELLE
P.S. - I appologize for not being very detailed, I am still half asleep from the ride home last night.

Beast_fanatic
05-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Sounds like a whirlwind trip! Are you planning to post your pictures?

LittleRoosMommy
05-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Were you in town for the Memorial Day Parade??

IamBelle
05-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Yes, we marched in it.
If I can figure out how to post pics, I will do that!

Kairi_7378
05-29-2008, 08:27 PM
I love to visit DC... we've been there for several of our anniversaries. However, there is something very special about visiting those monuments for Memorial Day.